Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coilovers Corolla E12

Adrian Mo

Need help :( [Tein Driving Master Basic Damper Kit]

Im wondering if anyone has purchased and/or fitted a set of tein basic coilovers and know how much they adjust by.

I want to lower the back of my 03 Corolla E12 approx. 75mm and the front, not much less.

- Would these coilovers reach that? http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/searchpart...p;Submit=Search

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers, Adrian :)

Need help :( [Tein Driving Master Basic Damper Kit]

Im wondering if anyone has purchased and/or fitted a set of tein basic coilovers and know how much they adjust by.

I want to lower the back of my 03 Corolla E12 approx. 75mm and the front, not much less.

- Would these coilovers reach that? http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/searchpart...p;Submit=Search

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers, Adrian :)

Tein Basics have the following adjustments:

Adjustable ride height via the spring seat, lowering range front from +29 to -77mm, rear from -39 to -97mm.

So they would manage the 75mm drop you are looking for. I assume you will be relocating the exhaust to the roof of the car and completely removing the front body work from the car in order to safely navigate public roads?

Incidentally, they are £50 cheaper from fensport

Cheers Man :D

but wot do you mean by relocating the exhaust lol

lowering it 75mm at the back means the arch will just be sitting above the tyre - i went out and measured it.

will i not be able to achieve this?

pay no attention to my ignorance, i havent any experience with coilovers :)

Be careful, they can lead to driveshaft problems and you get a killer ride, all because the suspension is so low the other parts cant take it as they weren't designed for the drop. The exhaust along with the splitter and sills could get ripped off entering uneven surfaces or speed bumps.

Would lowering springs not improve things enough?

No idea what you have planned for the car, but I've dropped mine by 30mm on springs and I generally steer clear of multi storey car parks as I keep grounding the front bumper on the way down the ramps, and I've also grounded my exhaust twice on uneven ground. I'm sure someone will be along soon who has coilovers fitted who can give you their experiences and how low they have dropped theirs.

Yepp i'v fitted coilovers i'v taken the front down to 50mm which is loww cos i'v scraped it twice over some speed bumps and the rear at 40mm. With 45-50mm drop the car will look great and you shoudn't have too many problems the speed bumps that i take proper care over is the ones where you have 3 in a row, the wuns across the whole road ain't so bad and if you do encounter problems just take it back up or full lock the wheels and drive over the bump if you know what i mean.

75mm is quite low i reckon you would have to cut into your rear arch and roll em.........going that low at the front i wouldn't recommend because cutting into your front arch wouldn't be a good idea.... take it down 40mm see what its like then take it lower n just keep testing it to your personal preference.... newayss sorrry bwt the longg essayy loll.

cheers for all the advice

the 75mm i measured at the back is a rough measurement with a tape - 75mm leaves the arch right at the top of the tyre so ill prob only take it down 60-65 - i only said 75 cause if i adjusted the dampness surely the arches wouldnd need rolled?

as for the front - im takin it down untill the arch is roughly touchin the top of the tyre - there arent many speed bumps around where i live - none infact :) coleraine/limavady/londonderry area [northern ireland] so shudnt be much of a problem

im going to buy them probably tomorrow and ill just mess about untill i get roughly the way i want but not so that the exhaust is in danger of gettin torn off :S lol

t-sport786 ....... y did you take it down less at the rear

the bigest gap is at the rear - surely you would want the car to looke level? :)

thanks again!

My rear i took less because iv got a 15" sub in the boot which weighs down the car n its a ported box which is bigger again weighing dwn the car but ima get a sealed box weighing less and also the fact that i usually have a person or two in the rear n i dnt wanna take it too low n habe problems i mean as low as it is at the moment iv still managed to scrape the exhaust loll but it was a really mina scrape, take a look at my piks of the lowering, jus type t-sport786 in photobucket its doesnt look uneven well i reckon it looks good. The front mine is 50mm n i cnt put my hand thru the arch its that tytt.

photobucket?? eh?? lol

wud love to see em man :D

can you not adjust the dampness of the coilovers so that it doesnt drop much wen ppl get into your car?

I lowered my car 45 on the front and its scraping all the time on some speed bumps and other places. I would not recommend you go lower than 50.

Just found this one on a danish car page

4ba80dddba119912141f6f4c8fbcfeb1.JPG

This is with the TTE coilover set..

I had the same suspension on mine..

b253df0e85badb9be919de9626c66ba7.JPG

But as you can see I didn't have it as low.. But my front spoiler wasn't liking at all, severly banged up from all the scraping..

Don't listen to these guys. Splitters are made of plastic or equal, and can be bought off eBay at £30 or so. Driveshafts should cope with, so should CV joints, boots etc. If they don't, it's a low price to pay considering how good it looks. If it rubs will depend on wheel size, offset, tyre profile, width, how much camber you're running, etc. Are the E12s multi-link or solid beams? If they're multi-link you're in for some good negative camber. Rolled arches is no problemo, just heat them very good up before rolling.

I'd say go for it. A good drop and decent wheels is what a car needs, 30mm isn't anything when you've had a low car for a while.

Don't listen to these guys. Splitters are made of plastic or equal, and can be bought off eBay at £30 or so. Driveshafts should cope with, so should CV joints, boots etc. If they don't, it's a low price to pay considering how good it looks.

I definitely agree with eiriksmil, you should destroy your car just so it looks good ;)

Don't listen to these guys. Splitters are made of plastic or equal, and can be bought off eBay at £30 or so. Driveshafts should cope with, so should CV joints, boots etc. If they don't, it's a low price to pay considering how good it looks. If it rubs will depend on wheel size, offset, tyre profile, width, how much camber you're running, etc. Are the E12s multi-link or solid beams? If they're multi-link you're in for some good negative camber. Rolled arches is no problemo, just heat them very good up before rolling.

I'd say go for it. A good drop and decent wheels is what a car needs, 30mm isn't anything when you've had a low car for a while.

Looks aren't everything!

Don't listen to these guys. Splitters are made of plastic or equal, and can be bought off eBay at £30 or so. Driveshafts should cope with, so should CV joints, boots etc. If they don't, it's a low price to pay considering how good it looks.

I definitely agree with eiriksmil, you should destroy your car just so it looks good ;)

Love it :lol:

yea dont lisen to us! damage the body but get the drop you want, o did i mention its getting very hard to source the tte lips etc as so many parts are slowly becoming discontinued :)

o did i mention its getting very hard to source the tte lips etc as so many parts are slowly becoming discontinued :)

The reason they are hard to get hold of is because people keep buying them and then smashing them to pieces in car parks and on speed bumps as they drop the car too much :D

Or can't drive :P

Maybe you should come over for a drive on the UK roads and multi storey car parks. You'll probably not make it back though! :D

again, those were rough estimates on wot im going down by

the pic of the red E12 above ^^ - thats near enough the look i want but maybe a weeee bit higher at the back - i dont want the tyre in the arch [cheers for the pics btw]

cheers again for all the help - im literally ordering the coilovers now :D

ill post pics asap n see wot u think :D

You can get the drop bang on the front if you use the springs i have, have a look at the pictures, the back is really high still though so if you can source just a pair of back springs then go for it. But coilovers would be better than sourcing to sets of springs, im happy with how low my car is, gorgeous at the front and comfortable to drive although it scrapes sometimes badly but careful driving is important.

The back im happy with to an extent because people can sit in the back without any rubbing or problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links