Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Celica?

steviemufc

Hi,

As in a previous post I've been talking about getting a body kit for my celica (Wings west or TRD) but I also want to lower my celica. The problem I have is that there's alot of road bump's and multi story car parks where i live, and as i've had a car before which was so low that I could hardley drive where I lived

Anyone got an idea on what types of lowering springs will make my car look good but I can still have loads of clearance for road bumps, multi story car parks and etc.

Cheers

Steve

TTE's (£125+VAT) from Toyota lower by 26-30mm and are made by Eibach so are quality Springs.

hello mate, i'd fit the bodykit first and see how you go, i'm running standard springs with a bodykit and still have trouble grounding out here and there.

Mainly the front splitter in multi-storeys and getting off drives where the road is cambered towards the kerb, it's stopped me lowering me beasty as it would be unusable where i live, cheers derby city council for spending me taxes so thoughtfully.

Its due to how far back the front wheels are set relative to the front of the car, ya canna change the rules of trigonometry i'm afraid.

If you've got your heart set on lowering it then yes, i'd say so......although there are front splitters available that aren't as low or sit quite as far forward as mine available.

I guess it's a case of 'suck it and see', but i wouldn't be entirely surprised if you lower it and fit a front splitter, that sooner rather than later you'll be picking it up off the road :0(

if it's your only car (like mine) and not a weekend toy i wouldn't recommend doing both.

Mine is lowered on TTE, and with a full body kit (front + rear lip, and side skirts) and i have no issues with ground clearance.

Occasional scrape the front lip on steep drops, or multistories.. but these toyota lips can take a real beating!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links