Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Lc4 D4d Sat Nav Speed Limit Naffness

Elenar

Hi all

I have a 2003 Lancruiser. It has the built-in satnav - I think it is the TNS 3000 or some such. It drives me MAD that I cannot work the satnav whilst driving. We often get stuck in traffic or whatever. My wife can work the satnav while I drive. Is there a way to disable the naff 5mph speed limit to operate it? I can't pull over on the M25 hard shoulder just to change a satnav destination!

Hi all

I have a 2003 Lancruiser. It has the built-in satnav - I think it is the TNS 3000 or some such. It drives me MAD that I cannot work the satnav whilst driving. We often get stuck in traffic or whatever. My wife can work the satnav while I drive. Is there a way to disable the naff 5mph speed limit to operate it? I can't pull over on the M25 hard shoulder just to change a satnav destination!

Another question, does the Invinvible/LC5's satnav have the same limitations - the touch screen one?

Hi all

Another question, does the Invinvible/LC5's satnav have the same limitations - the touch screen one?

in a word YES - and it does my head in :P

Hi all

in a word YES - and it does my head in :P

Oh NO!! It is such a rubbish "safety" feature!! Grrrr. I suppose I'll just have to go buy a Tom Tom then.

It may be inconveinient, but I suppose it must be just as dangerous as texting on your phone whilst trying to drive. The Japanese put this safety feature on ALL their built in Sat Navs, as their accident rate went through the roof when Sat Nav was first introduced in Japan

I see enough people struggling with their Sat Nav units, let alone trying to faff around with it whilst on the move. PULL OVER for 30 seconds while you re-set it :yes: I cant beleive you have to change your destination in the middle of the M25? :no:

Kingo :thumbsup:

It may be inconveinient, but I suppose it must be just as dangerous as texting on your phone whilst trying to drive

Yes, but my WIFE works the thing. And I've often had to change course on the Circle of Hell. Sigh, sad that it is like that, but I suppose I can understand it.

You have a message...

• 3 weeks later...

the new map update dvd's get round this so you can fiddle whilst you drive :lol:

!Removed! expensive though - I wouldn't have bothered but so many roads have changed near to me I (all on the jan 08 tomtom maps) I figured I'd do it - the removal of the moving restriction was the clincher :)

the new map update dvd's get round this so you can fiddle whilst you drive :lol:

!Removed! expensive though - I wouldn't have bothered but so many roads have changed near to me I (all on the jan 08 tomtom maps) I figured I'd do it - the removal of the moving restriction was the clincher :)

Oh yeah! Now that IS good! Thanks to DutchRav for his email.

I'll go with Invincible Ian's advice though. How much was it by the way?

159 euro's!

I should get it monday / tuesday next week and will post how I get on - never realised the application was on the dvd as well

159 euro's!

I should get it monday / tuesday next week and will post how I get on - never realised the application was on the dvd as well

Hmmm, 159 Euro isn't bad!

DO post and let us know, especially if it for real removes the speed limit feature

not forgotten about this:

Got the discs - they arrived yesterday - unfortunately I'm 400 miles away from them at the minute - should get back late tonight and try them tomorrow so will post details of how they work tomorrow night with a bit of luck.

not forgotten about this:

Got the discs - they arrived yesterday - unfortunately I'm 400 miles away from them at the minute - should get back late tonight and try them tomorrow so will post details of how they work tomorrow night with a bit of luck.

Great! Looking forward to it. Also, please do mention if it works with postcodes!

well

yes you can use and access all the menu's when moving.

the map update has covered some new roads near to me but not a major a road by-pass opened in March 2007 (on the teleatlas tomtom q4 2007 release) - so a little dissapointing...

Post codes still rubbish only first 4 digits and the database is out of date - al? the post codes in our home area were changed 2 years ago - tomtom had the new postcodes 18 months ago - very poor.

so worth it - yes but only just! and mostly for being able to use it on the move.

well

yes you can use and access all the menu's when moving.

the map update has covered some new roads near to me but not a major a road by-pass opened in March 2007 (on the teleatlas tomtom q4 2007 release) - so a little dissapointing...

Post codes still rubbish only first 4 digits and the database is out of date - al? the post codes in our home area were changed 2 years ago - tomtom had the new postcodes 18 months ago - very poor.

so worth it - yes but only just! and mostly for being able to use it on the move.

Thanks for the update Invincible Ian. I think, all things considered, I will just go with a new Tom TOm for Christmas then!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links