Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trc Off And Vsc Lights

borodaz

both came on today after 20 mins of driving , pulled over turned engine off then on and they stayed off. coming back from newcastle after 20 mins they come on again, pull over turn engine off then on and same again they stay off till i get home.

any ideas ?

mine popped on when coming back from notts - did the same, pulled over to check for anything obvious restarted and they stayed off. recently had new tyres and one wasnt balanced right! I am sure that's what happeneh to Hogie when his air pump failed? i'm sure he'll be along soon to confirm or tell me i am mistaken!!

Have you recently reset the Ecu on the car? I remember someone saying they had no end of trouble with VSC / TRC when they reset the Ecu as the wheels weren't straight when they did it, and the Ecu reset with the wheels turned, so when driving in a straight line the car thought the wheels were turned :/

My TRC, VSC AND EML lights came on because a wire snapped off the AFM. !Removed! Typhoon. Terrible design on k&ns part. Ended up putting the car back to standard...the wires are too much of a stretch!

if you get cack on the wheel sensors they will come on, you'll have to get a jetwasher in behind the hubs and clean the pickup

ive had the k and n prob before but thats sorted, ive had my new tyres on for months now without a problem, ecu has not recently been reset.

had new disks and pads fitted nearly 200 miles ago, had no problem until today so dont think its that.

yes my car is fairly mucky and has not had a clean for a while, i work in the steel works so it is impossible for my car to stay cleanm, maybe a clean will sort it

ive had the k and n prob before but thats sorted, ive had my new tyres on for months now without a problem, ecu has not recently been reset.

had new disks and pads fitted nearly 200 miles ago, had no problem until today so dont think its that.

yes my car is fairly mucky and has not had a clean for a while, i work in the steel works so it is impossible for my car to stay cleanm, maybe a clean will sort it

there could lie the problem......... check if the hubs are clear of rust - if the discs were just swapped without any maintenance there could be why the lights flashed on, very sensitive system as i've observed - it dont like discrepencies. wait to see if it comes on again - mine didnt and i did a maybe 100 miles before i could check my suspicions. check the balancing weights - they may have been knocked when the wheels were taken off/on as i gather you didnt do the change yourself. if its a problem it will soon reappear - but it didnt flash for nothing!

Have you got mate with tester that gives error code?

I had this problem and it turned out I needed new secondary air pump...514 quid it cost, without fitting.

Be careful if lights are on [VSC/ TRK oFF] because you have lost two safety system.

Loss of Traction control not so bad but the Vehicle Stability Control can be very useful in emergency avoidance as it keeps car under control!

There is an excellent video of Tiff Needel demonstrating system on ice [VSC is Toyota version of control it goes under many different names].

It wont be the air pump, when that comes on it stay on. It also comes on just after you start the car

Don't know about the wheel speed sensor either. If one of the sensor wasn't working your abs wouldn't work and would bring on that light.

Clean the air flow meter, especially if you have an induction kit. Did I read before you have to oil these filters or something? May be it got that stuff on it. Id start there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links