Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Or Ctr

khants

hi all.

one of my friend wants to change the car.he dont know what he go for CTS or CTR its hard Q?

thanks for every one who help

It really depends on what your friend wants from their driving experience as they are completely different cars. They may both be branded as hot hatches, but they are very, very different cars.

hi

sorry about my english:) cts also good car but type -r is bit better both of what u have experrince? can give detalis please

I would say that the CTS is a much more comfortable ride. Its cheaper to run and more economical on fuel. It is better equipped than the CTR with it's climate control, Traction. Handling wise it's not as good as the CTR and the CTR is faster

If you want a comfortable cruiser which you can thrash occasionally and have abit of fun the CTS will do just fine. If you want hardcore performance and happy to go without creature comforts then get the CTR.

I think the new CTR GT (FN2) is now similar to the CTS in the market it's aimed at now. The new CTR GT is now more comfort orientated as opposed to the hardcore nature of the old CTR (EP3).

i herd about the 2zzge engine problem but i vetc dont have problem its also about the engine also so its dont give you problem

what do say about this thing 2zzge vs i -vtec?

I would say that the CTS is a much more comfortable ride. Its cheaper to run and more economical on fuel. It is better equipped than the CTR with it's climate control, Traction. Handling wise it's not as good as the CTR and the CTR is faster

If you want a comfortable cruiser which you can thrash occasionally and have abit of fun the CTS will do just fine. If you want hardcore performance and happy to go without creature comforts then get the CTR.

I think the new CTR GT (FN2) is now similar to the CTS in the market it's aimed at now. The new CTR GT is now more comfort orientated as opposed to the hardcore nature of the old CTR (EP3).

I agree with all this, except the ride on the new CTR is harder than hardcore!!!!

hi all.

one of my friend wants to change the car.he dont know what he go for CTS or CTR its hard Q?

thanks for every one who help

tell ur mate to get a compressor.. get best of both worlds SPEED n COMFORT!

i herd about the 2zzge engine problem but i vetc dont have problem its also about the engine also so its dont give you problem

what do say about this thing 2zzge vs i -vtec?

I don't recall there being a problem with the 2ZZGE engine.

There was in issue with the other 1.8 engine (the code escapes me!) but that engine was in the Celica and Avensis and was to do with an oil burning issue.

The only fault i know of with the 2ZZGE was to do with early production Lift bolts breaking nothing to do with the engine itself

:thumbsup:

as above...

Faster, More fun, less comfort = CTR

Slower, less fun, more comfort = CTS

I know which i would go for... and it aint this 'lift' business.. :lol:

as above...

You driven a CTS Fizz?

Might have to let you have a spin in mine next meet if you haven't! ;)

yes i drive 05 cts its good fun but CTR i see i street i want to beat . CTS its look mush better but CTR is not that faster but i bit its have noly good gear box beter then CTS. its shift erly the CTS . i have new engine in my CTS .i am braking my engine with 5w-30 till 8000 km. i have on CTS 6500 km know. next time i will change the oil 5w-50 Mobil 1.every budy said uts good for CTS beter the 5w-40:)

yes i drive 05 cts its good fun but CTR i see i street i want to beat . CTS its look mush better but CTR is not that faster but i bit its have noly good gear box beter then CTS. its shift erly the CTS . i have new engine in my CTS .i am braking my engine with 5w-30 till 8000 km. i have on CTS 6500 km know. next time i will change the oil 5w-50 mobil 1.every budy said uts good for CTS beter the 5w-40:)

New engine? :huh:

:lol:

I was meaning why did you have a new engine?

when i bought the car its was standing in the house for 1 year its was only 8000 km in side.after that when bought the engine was not break.i use till 8000 rmp after that its come strange noice from engine thats why i went to toyota service they check every thing no found nothing they said ok then we have to change the block and every thing so they order fro japan all parts after that i was happy to have new engine.now i have only 6500 km from 1 of may.

as above...

You driven a CTS Fizz?

You sure you want to let me loose with your keys considering the way i take corners with Mo's Tubby? :lol:

as above...

You driven a CTS Fizz?

You sure you want to let me loose with your keys considering the way i take corners with Mo's Tubby? :lol:

I wouldn't recommend drifting a CTS! :lol:

for me to 'appreciate' the handling i would have to thrash it! :lol:

:unsure:

Anybody else want to lend Fizz their CTS???

:lol:

Ill lend u my CTS if u giv me £10k first AHAHAHAHA

the day i give 10k for a corolla will be the day i need to be shot! :lol: ;)

I bet you probably paid more than 10k for that VW Boring Bora mate. :D

The old CTR goes on 3 wheels easily, thats enough for me, sorry team :lol:

This is based on the drive alone, not the car jacking, image or lack of 5drs!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links