Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retrofitting Satnav/dvd To A Corolla E12

Manas

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could guide me here. I've got a 2003 Corolla T Spirit and I'd like to get an in-dash satnav fitted. There seem to be "some" kits out there, but I saw a TNS300 mentioned somewhere which I believe is a Toyota OEM unit. Where can I get hold of one of these? Can I find them used?

Will I lose my steering wheel stereo controls if I do this swap? Anyone had any experience with other non-Toyota units?

Any stories or pictures would be really, really helpful to me!

Thank you,

Manas

The TNS300 make use of your standard stereo. The small screen turns into a monochrome guide to your goal... not very fancy, but it works. This TNS300 unit should be quite easy to get at eBay, and the benefit is that it is cheap because you dont have to change head unit.

However, if you want a full screen sat nav, then the best option would be to buy an aftermarket unit and a 2-din fascia. I have the original sat nav unit, and find it to be not very advanced and it's lacking a lot of the functionality that many aftermarket units have like USB, bluetooth, AUX inputs etc.

unless you know what you are doing, retro fitting isn't that easy. i had a tns200 in my car before i upgraded and it was a right ballache trying to fit it.

i would get an aftermarket unit if i was you or a tomtom

unless you know what you are doing, retro fitting isn't that easy. i had a tns200 in my car before i upgraded and it was a right ballache trying to fit it.

i would get an aftermarket unit if i was you or a tomtom

I agree, I can' t see that all that work and expense would be worth the hassle. A 'stand alone' SatNav like Garmin or TomTom would be way superior and probably easier to update and can be easily mounted without the need for any drilling using a Brodit Proclip. Yes, there would be some cables showing but given the huge difference in functionality it would be the option for me everytime.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links