Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Gear

cfc1

BBC iPlayer .... almost all programs on BBC TV are put on the internet for 7 days after being shown, to watch on-line and download.

Viewing is restricted to UK located users .... but Ireland has always been a bit special far as UK goes :) - so maybe usable over there? maybe someone in Ireland will have already tried iPlayer and can say if it works or not?

Click Here and see what happens :thumbsup:

Yep :thumbsup: Works perfectly for me! I could also watch Big Brother, & Scrubs, if I miss it :lol:

doesnt work for me :( :(

I don't understand why not :( I have Windows2000 XP & Sky, but I don't see how that would have anything to do with it :g:

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?"

thats whats coming up. not to worry ill watch it wednesday night before i head out !!

Everyones entitled to their opinions of course , i personally loved it along with my son , we both split our sides laughing....... we never miss it when its on ... brilliant T.V :yes:

I always enjoy it, but agree with the :eek: on Richards hair

also see on other forums Clarkson is now in trouble for the prostitute joke he made on the lorry drivers, think everyone has lost there sense of humour lately

Kezza

Nor me, Molly, because I use an Irish ISP (eircom) or whoever we use at work (which must be an Irish one, too). Maybe if you took one from "up north" such as utv??

Have finally given up the ghost with chorus, and switched (at last) to Sky which is, I have to say, very good. No digital terrestrial tv yet (they stopped the trial without warning just after I'd bought a PVR!

Still, back to the subject, watched it last night on sky+ and had to say I laughed out loud when JC fell off his seat and reported where the gearstick had gone to some poor Paramedic. James' comment was very droll, "When they had removed the gearstick from Jeremy's bottom..." :doctor:

also see on other forums Clarkson is now in trouble for the prostitute joke he made on the lorry drivers, think everyone has lost there sense of humour lately

Kezza

I have to agree with you there. Apparently TG gets a peak of 8.9million viewers, and they have received 188 complaints (presumably from convicted prostitute murdering lorry drivers who are appealing the conviction). Now my dodgy maths makes that about 0.002% of the viewers who found the joke offensive. The day this country starts taking complaints from that percentage of people seriously is the day I cut my losses.

Kezza

I have to agree with you there. Apparently TG gets a peak of 8.9million viewers, and they have received 188 complaints (presumably from convicted prostitute murdering lorry drivers who are appealing the conviction). Now my dodgy maths makes that about 0.002% of the viewers who found the joke offensive. The day this country starts taking complaints from that percentage of people seriously is the day I cut my losses.

That assumes everyone who found the joke offensive made a formal complaint. In my household, 50% of the viewers found that joke very offensive and the other 50% thought it pretty distasteful.

Clarkson is a fool anyway and feeds off complaints :rolleyes:

Nor me, Molly, because I use an Irish ISP (eircom) or whoever we use at work (which must be an Irish one, too). Maybe if you took one from "up north" such as utv??

There is a little adaptation you can make to your setup that will let you access iPlayer from the Republic ;)

Let me know if you want to know :)

Have finally given up the ghost with chorus, and switched (at last) to Sky which is, I have to say, very good. No digital terrestrial tv yet (they stopped the trial without warning just after I'd bought a PVR!

Still, back to the subject, watched it last night on sky+ and had to say I laughed out loud when JC fell off his seat and reported where the gearstick had gone to some poor Paramedic. James' comment was very droll, "When they had removed the gearstick from Jeremy's bottom..." :doctor:

I'm making the same point to you, Robert, as I made to Molly.If it works for me, it should work for her & especially for you, as you are only a stone throw away from me :huh: I had Eircom & switched to Talk Talk which I think is actually ESAT, if I remember correctly from the last time I used my SpeedCheck. Funny thing is, my nearest point is Dublin, but I get better figures from Galway, & Northern Spain Is no worse than Dublin :o

There is a little adaptation you can make to your setup that will let you access iPlayer from the Republic ;)

Let me know if you want to know :)

Hmmm, interesting, Mr Bond..... Please pm me Hoovie, am most intrigued...

Kezza

That assumes everyone who found the joke offensive made a formal complaint. In my household, 50% of the viewers found that joke very offensive and the other 50% thought it pretty distasteful.

i love clarkson!!! he makes me roll!!!

Kezza

You were sleeping!!!

I did all the laughing! :P

Kezza

You were sleeping!!!

I did all the laughing! :P

i still think he is funny thou!!!!

Just put BBC2 on to catch Top Gear and the bit I missed and there is some other program on :g:

Has it been pulled for some reason? complaints about the lorry crashing or the prostitute jokes?

Just watched it on iPlayer as i was pished on Tequila last sunday in Edinburgh

:lol2:

I just checked the schedules again and it turns out that Top Gear IS repeated on Wednesday at 7pm on BBC2 but ONLY on Analog, not Digital :g:

So I ended up with Autumn Watch as I always use Freeview :rolleyes:

Sorry to anyone who was mislead by my info and found themselves with Bill Oddie instead of Clarkson :(

However, must be said, Humble is easier on the eye then Hamster ;)

I just checked the schedules again and it turns out that Top Gear IS repeated on Wednesday at 7pm on BBC2 but ONLY on Analog, not Digital :g:

So I ended up with Autumn Watch as I always use Freeview :rolleyes:

Sorry to anyone who was mislead by my info and found themselves with Bill Oddie instead of Clarkson :(

However, must be said, Humble is easier on the eye then Hamster ;)

I wondered why that titmouse was driving round the TopGear track!

Firstly it was alright.. i love Parky anyway even though he has no interest in cars and the story he told about his parents first flight trip was amusing.

That Millbrook test track brought back some memories and I wish i could go back to have another go on that alpine circuit!!! :(

And with regards to the Clarkson complaints.. i read somewhere that its the anniversay of the deaths of a prostitute(s) by a lorry driver recently hence the big uproar..

I've just watched it on I-Player, and as i'm a truck man i loved it brill :D

TV is going to get sooo boring if people cant make the odd risque comment or do something that could offend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links