Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light - Again

JMacD08

Hey

Having the same trouble as described previously and fed up paying £30 a time for getting the codes and getting the light reset.

Les - looked at the eBay ad for the OBD2 reader - unfortunately it says its only compatible with petrol european cars from Jan 2001 onwards. My MR2 is registered in 2000, will it definately not work on my car?

J

Oh, while i am on - anyone know of where i can get a rear silencer apart from Mr T? Tried a few companies but they are telling me main dealer only!

Hi J

You could try sending Davy (cfc1) a PM, he lives in Bo'ness not far from you, he has a code reader and you may be able to work something out to give it a try on yours before getting one ;)

As far as a silencer goes, it depends what you want?

New standard box?.....dealer part only and probably VERY expensive

2nd hand standard box?.....probably just as expensive and a bit of a gamble

Or something like mine............CLICKY? I know I'm biased but it is a superb system and reasonably priced, they will "supply" only too

Les

Cheers for that Les.

I had already read about your new exhaust - very nice ;)

Surprisingly Kwik Fit got back to me - initially they said dealer only but have some how managed to source a new rear silencer and have quoted £147 inc. fitting. I aint sure of the price of a brand new one from Mr T so can't really compare but i am guessing that that is a good price.

J

£147 is a good price but obviously it won't have the lifespan of a genuine part, also make sure it isn't just a spurious box cobbled together on your original pipework ;)

Les

J...

I have a code reader.. give me a pm if you need a code reading.. I'm over in bo'ness.. so won't be a problem to pop round and help you out.

I also have an exhaust system... make me an offer... it's standard, took it off my car at around 5000 miles.

Davy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links