Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rocket

Frank Ashworth

Hi,

I left the house yesterday to find a spent rocket lying on the bonnet of my RAV, complete with the obligatory large dent right in the middle of it !! :censor:

I have been unlucky with this vehicle I seem to have collected quite a few dents from car doors and shopping trolleys, and of course the scrape on the o/s/r corner that I did, when a small post jumped out of the ground as I was reversing my caravan :wacko:

My car is now in my local repair shop having all my miss fortunes repaired. lets hope I have more luck in the future. :D

I am sorry to hear this news.... I know exactly how you feel as it happened to me a number of years ago, damn annoying but there is nothing that can be done to protect the car if it parked outside.

Good luck with the repairs :thumbsup:

Same sympathy from me Frank + unfortunately we don't just get fireworks on one day of the year anymore, its been like war torn Beirut round here for the last two weeks + it will start all over again on New Yrs Eve, (think i'm becoming a grumpy old man) :lol:

Totally agree, it's been same with us for over a week, I've got a trembling jack Russell under my seat just waiting for them to start up again tonight - can't even get him out to the garden never mind a walk along the street and I'll just have him convinced that it's OK to go out when they start up at the New Year again.

never hear of that happening beofre :( must be livid about it!!!

When I lived in St Albans, used to be Fireworks for about 6 weeks around this time of year and every other weekend the rest of the year - hated it!

Now down in Devon, only heard local fireworks on the actual 5th Nov day and every other time only with organised displays. Far more enjoyable all round :yes:

Not sure if is a matter of the local population showing restraint and sense, or law enforcement? But shame the rest of the country cannot be the same :(

Sorry to read about the damage.

I used to love bonfire night, but think it goes on for far too long now. :angry: I also have the neurotic dog whimpering in the house. He's an old boy too.

I have recently watched some interesting videos on Youtube showing how to remove dents without the use of filler or paint. It looks quite interesting. Can't remember the link though. Just do a search.

Basically all you need to do is warm the offending dent and surrounding area with a hairdryer (take car not to scorch the paint) and then spray a freezing spray into the dent itself. The sudden contraction caused by the spray causes the dent to pop out. This all assuming that the metal isn't stretched / creased, I think. You could use a pipe freezing spray available from DIY stores like B&Q in their plumbing department.

If it works all it's cost is the spray. :D If not it's not a great deal :) and into the body shop or whatever one chooses to do.

Totally agree, it's been same with us for over a week, I've got a trembling Jack Russell under my seat just waiting for them to start up again tonight - can't even get him out to the garden never mind a walk along the street and I'll just have him convinced that it's OK to go out when they start up at the New Year again.

had the same trouble wi my bearded collie and ended up giving him a small fraction of a diazepam tablet.

The dog died last year. He was blind and deaf - but its was more old age! Poor soul used to be petrified when the fireworks went off. Now, the neighbours son 2 doors down sets off massive bangers and rockets....but everythings gone quiet now. Obviously skint.

Totally agree, it's been same with us for over a week, I've got a trembling Jack Russell under my seat just waiting for them to start up again tonight - can't even get him out to the garden never mind a walk along the street and I'll just have him convinced that it's OK to go out when they start up at the New Year again.

had the same trouble wi my bearded collie and ended up giving him a small fraction of a diazepam tablet.

The dog died last year. He was blind and deaf - but its was more old age! Poor soul used to be petrified when the fireworks went off. Now, the neighbours son 2 doors down sets off massive bangers and rockets....but everythings gone quiet now. Obviously skint.

Skint or skinned Bothy? ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links