Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Questions About My Cts.

ricc

hi guys, posted yesterday about buying a CTS second hand. I was hoping someone could answer a few questions if at all possible!

I have had a search for some bits and pieces but theryes other things that id like to know and am unsure about so here goes.

1: Whats the realistic 0-60 on it, parkers states 8.1 but i heard talk of it being much lower?

2: Whats the cam belt change interval?

3: What sort of MPG are people getting on day to day riving? and also when being slightly more enthusiastic! lol..

thanks in advance... Ricc.

1: Whats the realistic 0-60 on it, parkers states 8.1 but i heard talk of it being much lower? Low 7s have been achieved by some members

2: Whats the cam belt change interval? Think it's a Cam Chain so no need to change

3: What sort of MPG are people getting on day to day riving? and also when being slightly more enthusiastic! lol day to day about 30mpg in and out the city, motorway about 40mpg and when in Lift it's best not to look! :lol:

MPG - iv never counted but i realise i use lift a fair bit so i cannot comment on that,

the question about cambelt etc i m not to sure of.

question about 0-60 times, I have got 7.1 with 1 passenger, removed spare tyre but a subwoofer in the car!

Second run i got 6.9 on the dot with 1 passenger and subwoofer box

Again i got 6.86 with the same load that was my lowest time.

If i could get a better starting withuot wheel spin i could get the time to bang on 6.83 which one website states!

I have used GPS & a third person timing on many occasions but depending on how you drive i would say low 7s.

Traction control off will get you a quicker 0-60 and that i can guarentee. Removal of just a spare tyre and one person in the car would i reckon get you bang on 6.83.

Tricky to say i reckon an average 0-60 on the corolla CTS is around 7 seconds on the dot, i am tottaly stock aparts from lighter wheels but i have a heavy subwoofer in the boot weighing more than the spare wheel and i manage 6.8 and 6.9s all the time.

A few reviews have said 6.9 for the corolla TS.

thanks for the replies guys! very informative.

its good to know its a chain..... (ive done a bit of searching via google)... its a little weight off my mind of things to watch out for and change.

i thought the 0-60 was a bit off considering the power the car has and its weight, the times you have stated seem pretty consistant. i also searched googleand found this... http://www.060calculator.com/ and using the CTS figures it comes out around 6.8 (although a generator like that should be taken with a pinch of salt i guess)

ive seen a few images of some VVTL-i badges knocking about, but i cant seem to find anywhere where they are sold... anyone got any ideas or even links? (not the gell type ones the standard looking chrome jobs.)

this is where i got mine from just awaiting the second one as we think it was lost in the post first time round so.... i've got one but waiting for the other to arrive, but the first one arrived very promptly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330277694057

The belt vs chain question is quite an interesting one. I walked away from my last mechanic because of it nd threatened to report him. The reason being is I put it in for a service and he told me i needed a new belt!! So I called him a few names, made some threats and then told him he was a con artist as it has a chain and not a belt.

Gotta love some of these mechanics.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links