Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Speakers

DefiantFrog

Hello all!

I'm looking to replace all the Speakers in my 3 Door T-Sport. I think I've got the sizes right - 6.5" Component Fronts, and 5.25" Co-axial Rears (open to other suggestions in case I've mis-read stuff). Looks like I need to do some rivet drilling, and MDF speaker mount creation. I've found guides from here for removing the front door panelling to get to the front Speakers / tweeters. BUT...

Does anyone have any pic guides / can scribble down a rouge text guide on where to start with removing the panelling to get to the rear Speakers? I'm particularly concerned about any weak points in the plastic, and where screw / clip points may be, so I know where to take my time over, and where I can be a bit bullish in getting it off. And do I need to take out the rear seats, or can I get away without?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ben

u mite think this advice is rubbish but here goes :lol:

im pretty sure the t-sport interior is gonna be the same as my 2.0 d4-d

i wired subs into my ford focus and it was pretty awkward as the pannelling was terribly cheap - the clips were a bad invention and they never seemed to click back in to place that well

but when wiring subs into my corolla - the !Removed! defo know how to make things easy - the back pannel clips off really easily - u pretty much start pulling at it - theyre not strong clips so they wont break - it pops out easily

firstly - remove the wee plastic sill running from the front seat into the back seat along the door - then remove the backseat pannel - the Speakers as u say are rivited in so ur gonna have to do a bit of drilling :D -

i have never fully removed the back pannel but im pretty sure ull work it out and itl be easy - i only removed it to run wires to the boot

y do you want to change the Speakers? - on all honesty i think the corolla Speakers are the some of the best ive heard in a car

u crank the volume and they dont crackle or distort

just get subs :D lol

sorry about the essay

ps: there are no screws in the back pannelling nd i dont know about the seats but i doubt u need to remove them - the speaker is near the door and pretty easy to get at

Looks like I need to do some rivet drilling, and MDF speaker mount creation. I've found guides from here for removing the front door panelling to get to the front speakers / tweeters. BUT...

I managed to purchase some door speaker adaptors from Motorworld if you want me to source the names and part numbers. Cost me £20 in total and the fit perfectly!!

It can't be that hard in taking it apart on the rear's, i can take my front doors to bits in about 5mins.

Just start in a corner and see if you can feel where the next poppet is, most of the time they do without screws anyway.

Taking off the rears is almost as simple as the fronts just make sure you take out the seat n drop it from behind its abit of findling but not difficult and once you'v changed your Speakers its definately wrth it. What Speakers are you fitting to the front and rear and are you amping them?

I'm hoping to connect my amp to my factory head unit in my d-4-d does anyone know what adapter i would need so i could connect the amp n sub up... i already have the 6'9s wired up just need to get my amp in there...

Looks like I need to do some rivet drilling, and MDF speaker mount creation. I've found guides from here for removing the front door panelling to get to the front speakers / tweeters. BUT...

I managed to purchase some door speaker adaptors from Motorworld if you want me to source the names and part numbers. Cost me £20 in total and the fit perfectly!!

Yeah, let me know details! I'd be interested in buying something that will fot over having to make something... :)

I have no idea what Speakers are going in yet, just doing initial research. Prob looking to spend around £150 per pair, so they'll be pretty reasonable what ever I go for. I've always been a Pioneer fan in the past, but might give something else a go this time round... An recommendations...?

Iv fitted diamonds and so has man-bing.. i would definately reccomend them but its upto u... some Speakers which iv purchased and fitted to my bros car are rainbows and they sound decentt its depends on the car aswell and hes got a polo.... The rainbows that i done in my bros car are just enty level but are really good my diamonds are more kinda comp level just a lil sumin to fink about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links