Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Sensors Rav 4.2

Robert6920

Thanks to Kingo, I have had an enjoyable afternoon fitting Toyota's parking sensors to my better half's Rav 4.2. And (a special) thanks to Anchorman, who also delivered them to me here in Ireland, they are the right colour. I never knew you could get a tin of spray paint made up in the right colour - amazing!

The comprehensive instructions on the tech doc site walk you through what is advertised as an hour and a half's work "requiring expert fitting", so it took me about two and a half hours, which included putting the dinner on (with better half acting as commis chef). It was perfectly straightforward, a little daunting taking off the interior panels but with my trusty panel tool, all was well. Nothing broken, no bits leftover and, best of all, it works a treat.

Once again, sincere thanks to Kingo :thumbsup: and to Anchorman (with best regards from us to Anchorwoman) :thumbsup::yes:

I didn't know I could get the right colour made up either!! Just luck to some extent that I walked into a shop with the right facilities I guess but I am glad it worked out OK.

May I return the salutation back to yourselves ;)

Any chance of a photo? (of the car not you :P)

Any chance of a photo? (of the car not you :P)

Will try first thing tomorrow - bad light stopped play and I'm off to UK tomorrow (by ferry and Rav4) dropping two single beds into my daughters (inc matresses, heavens these Rav4's can take some load) and ending up in London tomorrow evening. By coincidence, going to a conference right by the Excel, which will cause a flashback to the Motor Show :lol:

Truth is - not much to show for all the effort - just some (nicely colour matched) roundy things on the back of the Rav4. But I'll do my best :D

I have a sensor on my RAV in the form of the towbar. It makes a low thud when too close to whatever is behind me. Very effective for drivers who want to hitch a ride in the tailgate. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links