Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing The Stereo In The T Sport?

Avanzato

Guys,

How easy is it to replace the stereo in the T Sport?

Seen a post on here talking about having to change the vents as well. Is that true?

Ta

Hi there nope! all you need to do is buy a corolla fascia adaptor, the vents stay just the large double din unit comes out and replaces with a fascia made to that shape which slots in and allows you to insert a din sized unit.

ok, thick moment, or rather personal opinion moment, although im a sucker for a decent audio system, do you not miss the trip comp side of things?

i know its not that important but i think i would miss it. also doesnt the rolla dash have a few fitment floors? by which i mean the formation of rather large gaps towards the top leading edge over the top of the vents/stereo..... just curious!

ok, thick moment, or rather personal opinion moment, although im a sucker for a decent audio system, do you not miss the trip comp side of things?

i know its not that important but i think i would miss it. also doesnt the rolla dash have a few fitment floors? by which i mean the formation of rather large gaps towards the top leading edge over the top of the vents/stereo..... just curious!

The last time when i had the trip computer in the car, it was showing me something like this, i was travelling at 88mph on the motorway, and the trip computer was saying i was doing an average of 88mpg?? or something silly like that, so you tell me if i should of kept it in the car ;)

To work out the mpg is fairly simple, if you remember how much fuel you put in against how many miles you travel, like this.

I put in 50ltr of fuel in, i travel some 350miles. You need to convert the litres into gallons, so divide it by 4.54ltr = 1 gallon, so 50/4.54 = 11gallons then divide the miles travelled into the amount of gallons filled up with so 350/11 = 31.81mpg, simple as that

There is a dashboard issue with this model, but its something i lived with now.

Bing

:thumbsup:

lol... sorry, didnt make myself clear i guess. i know how to work out the average at hte end of a 'batch' or fill up of fuel, i personally like the trip comp cause it enables me to see a 'rough' current MPG.

i personally like the trip comp cause it enables me to see a 'rough' current MPG.

Well it's been out of my car now some 4yrs, never looked back since :lol:

i personally like the trip comp cause it enables me to see a 'rough' current MPG.

Well it's been out of my car now some 4yrs, never looked back since :lol:

so jst so im clear guys.. if i get a double sysem all i need to get is the adaptor fasci n not da vents? cos d from da pixs above it seems lik tat mite b da case!

also would d double din system sit 'sunk' in like on the t-spirits given iv got da t sport?

n how easy isit to remove da current system setup??

cheers shaun

so jst so im clear guys.. if i get a double sysem all i need to get is the adaptor fasci n not da vents? cos d from da pixs above it seems lik tat mite b da case!

also would d double din system sit 'sunk' in like on the t-spirits given iv got da t sport?

cheers shaun

If you want to change to a single DIN unit, then fitting it is very easy, just look at my pics.

To change to a double DIN unit, then would be a bit more work towards it to make it fit, not as straight forward as a single DIN fitting.

I've only seen double DIN units like mine, as you said, sunk in, but i'm sure it would be possible to use the current trim, but will need adapting.

When you say how easy to remove the current system setup, do you mean the Toyota H/U, then very easy, but if you mean my setup in the car, would take a little longer with what i've got installed.

What do you want to change?

Bing

cheers shaun

If you want to change to a single DIN unit, then fitting it is very easy, just look at my pics.

To change to a double DIN unit, then would be a bit more work towards it to make it fit, not as straight forward as a single DIN fitting.

I've only seen double DIN units like mine, as you said, sunk in, but i'm sure it would be possible to use the current trim, but will need adapting.

When you say how easy to remove the current system setup, do you mean the Toyota H/U, then very easy, but if you mean my setup in the car, would take a little longer with what i've got installed.

What do you want to change?

Bing

i want a double din unit fitted.. like urs.. so ssuming the set is the same on tsport as it is in ur tspirit.. wat did u need to do? n wat additional parts are needed? price??

cheers mate

i want a double din unit fitted.. like urs.. so ssuming the set is the same on tsport as it is in ur tspirit.. wat did u need to do? n wat additional parts are needed? price??

cheers mate

My airvent trim i had to change, as it was a curved flush shape to the dash, and changed it to what i have now, not cheap start. New airvent trim was £105

I think i have seen adaptors that could do it now, but will need to find it again for you.

Had to get a little bit of trimming around done on each side of the H/U to hide the gaps, but it something you could do yourself. I had it done for £40 but you could do it alot cheaper than that.

Other than that, that will change the H/U

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links