Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cup Holders

Nightstalker

Lo Y'all.... :lol:

Well while the mighty Big Red was getting her service done the other day I did a bit of window shopping at me local MR T...

I took a close look at a XTR and found that the newer Ravs now come with cup holder inserts ( seems like they have realised that we dont seem to have the BIG GULP cups over here :rolleyes: ) Anywho I enquired about the price for a set of these and was told it were 34 squid :eek: for a rubber inlay....

Any of yous out there found owt on eBay or somewhere else that can be placed into the bucket holders to make them more adaptable for us over here???

I have knocked on Kingos door but unfortunately his hands are tied and he cant make much of a discount on this item...

Please help... we're off up Noorth after Crimbo and although I love the drive up there I hate the fact that me refreshments keep on beeing knocked aboot...

Regards

Rob

B)

never had a problem with the litres of Grouse - but then again it never gets put down!!!

Local Hero made some little inserts to allow normal mugs to be used :)

Are the cup holders not adjustable on the New and Improved RAV4.3 ?? They are on the RAV4.2 :P

;)

Are the cup holders not adjustable on the New and Improved RAV4.3 ?? They are on the RAV4.2 :P

;)

You used to be able to get pepsi can holders they were a dense foam circle with dble sided tape on the bottom, there was an insert in the middle which you removed, leaving a "star" shaped hole which would grip either std cans most cups or even the square ribena type cartons, they were 99p from Halfrauds, not seen them for ages but if you could get them and stick them in the bottom of the 4.3 drink holders they would do the trick :thumbsup:

CUP HOLDERS ON THE 4.3 ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE THEY ARE CR*P, HOOVIE :(

;)

Were they available to us to buy? and if yes did anyone get any.... Unforutnatley as great as our 4.3 is the cup holders let it down a bit... nope you cant adjust the diameter of the holder... all you have is some flimsey spring loaded bit of plastic that dont hold anything in place other than the ashtray - and considering neither of us smoke it aint no good to us...

I remember Anchorman mentioning sommet about using some foam of sorts to solve the problem... I'd be quite interested to see some pics of that...

Anywho, keep the suggestions flowing - I'm sure there are a few among us who are equally upset about these friggin cup holders....

Regards

Rob

B)

What kind of cups do you want to hold ROB? this sought seem to travel ok. though i agree compared with the 4.2 which had an adjustable ratchet mechanism, the 4.3 variety are abismal..

008-2.jpg

What kind of cups do you want to hold ROB? this sought seem to travel ok. though i agree compared with the 4.2 which had an adjustable ratchet mechanism, the 4.3 variety are abismal..

008-2.jpg

unfortunately due to the great company I work for I am unable to look at the pics which get attached to the comments...

however to answer your question, the usual cups/bottles you know like a small coke bottle or a Costa Coffee cup... those kinda cups/bottles...

:g::g::g: HMMMMM, ok Robster you've got me interested. I'm a bit busy doing my proper job at work,

but when I'm in on Sunday I'll have a look and see if we have any nice black Nylon or Acetal or something

and do a bit of experementing :thumbsup:

;)

Were they available to us to buy? and if yes did anyone get any.... Unforutnatley as great as our 4.3 is the cup holders let it down a bit... nope you cant adjust the diameter of the holder... all you have is some flimsey spring loaded bit of plastic that dont hold anything in place other than the ashtray - and considering neither of us smoke it aint no good to us...

I remember Anchorman mentioning sommet about using some foam of sorts to solve the problem... I'd be quite interested to see some pics of that...

Anywho, keep the suggestions flowing - I'm sure there are a few among us who are equally upset about these friggin cup holders....

Regards

Rob

B)

Hi Rob,

the rubber inserts for the 4.3 come as part of the protection pack, which is not much help. Having had a similar, but worse, problem on my Vitara I cut some strips of foam rubber and lined the cupholders. 'Found the easiest way to cut the foam was with ( - looks over shoulder to check where OH is ) the electric carving knife! You can cut slices down to a few mm thick with no problem. Cut the strips about 10mm longer than the circumfrence of the cup holder and squash it when you are fitting it so that you get a good butt joint. The advantages of this method are that you can take the linings out easily to wash/replace them, they are cheap(!), they further insulate the cup and they are easily disgarded if you trade the RAV in for a 4.4. I didn't even glue the butt joint together. Black foam would look fine in the RAV.

;)

I think this one is adjustable:

cupholder.jpg

Sorry ladies, for trying to make that the "butt" of a joke. I'm probably a sexist pig or something for doing it, but I couldn't resist :drool:

I expect too expensive for me though. :unsure:

OK chaps, back to the engineering please.......................

I CAN WELL IMAGINE WHAT YOUR PICTURE SHOWED BUT ALL I GOT WAS A LITTLE RED X :unsure:

HMMMM little red X....

Yep thats all I could see...

Matter of fact that is all I get to see when I log on from work.... :angry:

Interested in the out come on Sunday... Dave.m

What foam did you use... and never had bought foam before... where do you get it from?

regards

Rob

B)

SCHM, I think that is a pic of the cup holder on the "Sports" RAV - now what did RAV stand for again ??? "Recreational Activity .... :!Removed!: "

I CAN WELL IMAGINE WHAT YOUR PICTURE SHOWED BUT ALL I GOT WAS A LITTLE RED X :unsure:

Yeah, pure fantasy. If I had a fancy cup holder, I expect it would be more in this league :lol:

cup2.jpg

Rob, they block all sorts of sites (very often legitimate) at my workplace too.

SCHM, I think that is a pic of the cup holder on the "Sports" RAV - now what did RAV stand for again ??? "Recreational Activity .... :shutit: "

:lol2: :lol2:

That's the one with extra fast reclining seats isn't it? :unsure:

....looks like I've managed to rapidly reduce this thread to a more basic level :thumbsup:

SCHM, I think that is a pic of the cup holder on the "Sports" RAV - now what did RAV stand for again ??? "Recreational Activity .... :!Removed!: "

....looks like I've managed to rapidly reduce this post to a more basic level :thumbsup:

and probably Twin Airbags ;)

Probably an XT-R - no sign of a spare tyre :)

Yup - the RAV4 section down to its usual level :lol2:

.... but the T180 is still the Daddy, because that can keep going even after deflation. :unsure:

SCHM, I think that is a pic of the cup holder on the "Sports" RAV - now what did RAV stand for again ??? "Recreational Activity .... :shutit: "

....looks like I've managed to rapidly reduce this post to a more basic level :thumbsup:

and I got censored for writing in Scots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still thinking about this Rob, got a Costa paper cup on my desk at work to remind me :thumbsup:

Ok so I've just had to explain to my wife why I'm reading a thread showing various pieces of software and restraining equipment. All I was doing was looking at the CUPS. :rolleyes:

We got large blocks of foam from a department store, mattress and bedding section. Didn't try cutting cup holders from it though.

Or a white goods reseller, any foam packaging blocks being chucked out the back door?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links