Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Highest miles on a Rav 4

italianemporium

• 3 months later...

Why on earth did you cover 188k in 5yrs?

You had a great car that can cover lots of miles. You will NEVER find an equivelent, since the newer cars last less and less. You are likely to get 250-300k out of the RAV (that is if it isn't burning oil yet and had frequent oil changes after 20-30k miles), but I expect expensive problems.

I have a camry diesel and have covered only 250k and I have experienced a number of problems.

• 7 years later...

This is all very reassuring,as I have just purchased a 03 Rav with 113K on it,and was a little concerned as to a possible engine change,allthough the present engine is sweet.So I will now look foreward to a number of years motoring.

The secret to long engine life is regular oil changes with good quality oil. You may have to change "bolt ons" like water pumps etc but the main lump will go on for a very long time providing it was made to a high standad. That is where Toyota shines - even new models.

The secret to long engine life is regular oil changes with good quality oil. You may have to change "bolt ons" like water pumps etc but the main lump will go on for a very long time providing it was made to a high standad. That is where Toyota shines - even new models.

WHAT? Even diesels?? :lol: :lol:

1994 Number 1 RAV is on about 180k I think but it was off the road in the garage for some minor tweaks now and again over the past 3 years. Now does very low mileage (1/4 mile bursts normally)

1994 Number 2 RAV is a youngster at less than 100k (I think) - (Must check)

1997 Previa is on 177k but had a top end engine change

It would be interesting to know who has the highest mileage 4.3. Mine must be amongst them - 2900!!!??

It would be interesting to know who has the highest mileage 4.3. Mine must be amongst them - 2900!!!??

My 4.3.5 is on 14,000 miles now, took it to Vienna 3 weeks ago! 2800 mile round trip!

2002 52 and 136k..............(9 years old now  :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: )

Copied from similar topic rav4 world (note Kms)...

my 97 rav4 has 305000klm runs good just starting to use oil and run louder top end.great truck

Funny that this topic should come up now. To my surprise our travelling hairdresser lady has turned up this evening, not in her customary mini with union jack roof and mirrors but a 4.1 Rav N-plater with (I asked!) 159,000 on the clock. I also what the 2.0 petrol beastie was doing to the gallon. 'Funny thing, that' quoth she: 'I used to put £20 worth of petrol in the 1400cc mini each week and I am doing exactly the same in this old RAV wot I paid £700 for. No runflats and no more getting it serviced for silly money at the BMW dealer.' I gather her dog is delighted with the change too as he has a lot more room in the back.

Mike D

hi folks

52 plate d4d,....just hit the 93'000 ,still runs sweet as day i got it.

apart from new DMF and clutch.....still hav'nt changed a bulb in the 63'000 ive done in it over almost 6 years now.

only broken down once,and i'm convinced that was after and due to shoddy toyota workmanship whilst DMF was replaced

she just keeps on going and going.... :yahoo::thumbsup:

she just keeps on going and going.... :yahoo::thumbsup:

Bit like those boots Rambs :thumbsup:

yep.....

and just got back from a week in the lakes on saturday,wall to wall sunshine in them there hills....all week,....hey, i even got a tan.. :lol:

next week i'm off to mid wales for some serious off road fun with a hilux truck,a suz jimney and a crappy disco tdi

but the rav is staying at home....very safe.. :thumbsup:

holidays...holidays...holidays :yahoo:

03 Petrol five door - just coming up to 99,000 miles. Like the others only missed the beat once so far with an oxygen sensor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links