Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hit And Run

superjim42

so i woke up this morning went to give the car a good ol' hoovering...

and what do i see????? :eek::eek::eek:

a nice long blue colours scratch on the corner of my front bumper with my front lip hanging off :eek::eek::eek:

wtf?! :censor: :censor: :censor:

i walked along my street to check for cars which are blue which had any fresh grey scratches but nothing :( :( :(

the scratch isnt deep luckily but the blue colour wont come off so i was thinking isit ok for me to get those colours pens from Halfords to colour it in? will it stand out or anything? cos i dont wanna go to a garage to get a little thing like that repaired which will cost me a bomb probs.

any other solutions on how to fill in this blue scratch?

Hi mate......sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident :(

same thing happened to my dad's car recently, we managed to get the colour of using T Cut and lot of elbow grease :yawn:

It took a long long time, but eventually the colour of the other did come off. Give it a go....

Had that happen to my Yaris, managed to get the other paint off really easily with some brass polish ;)

Hehe Brass polish :thumbsup:

t-cut is best :yawn:

Hehe Brass polish :thumbsup:

t-cut is best :yawn:

It was my grandad's suggestion and it worked a treat! :lol:

so i just rub the colour with brass polish and it will come off?

wont affect the car paint at all? no discolouring or nothing???

It was black paint on my silver Yaris and the brass polish got it all off and didn't damage the paintwork at all.

The only thing i did have to do was touch up a few of the scratches as whoever hit it took some paint off right down to the primer.

Touch up kit from Mr T is around £5 ;)

Hey Mate,

Sorry to hear about your car. Im in a similar position myself :(

About a month ago i came back to find a massive deep chunk in a vertical line out of my back bumper, plastic chewed and everything. From the look of it some complete w**ker had reversed a trailer into my motor and then hot footed it away before i saw the damage :ffs: Furious doesnt even cut it. There is no way T-Cut is going to fix it. Im totally gutted.

Why does no one have (1) any common courtesy to say "sorry mate ive pranged your car, but ill pay for the damage" - naieve thought, i know, but why is no one big enough to just take responsibilty anymore?? (2) the ability to drive their car without making contact with something else, am i just getting old and grumpy or is there a serious lack of driving ability these days??

Sorry for the rant, needed to get that off my chest! - Hope you get your car fixed mate, althoug i would go for the t-cut first!! :yes:

G

This might sound a bit silly but try some NAIL VARNISH to get the blue marks removed, it worked for me and i was amazed! lol

Nail varnish REMOVER ? :D

This might sound a bit silly but try some NAIL VARNISH to get the blue marks removed, it worked for me and i was amazed! lol

Nail varnish REMOVER ? :D

Ha ha ha ha :D I hope he gets that message before its too late !!!

OMG now you tell me its NAIL VARNISH REMOVER?!?!?!

i went ahead and appliedbright pink nail varnish thinking it will magically remove the blue marks!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :(

jk :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links