Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Seat Belt

bubasparks

Hi hope someone can help, the drivers seatbelt on my 96 2.0 gli has stuck half in and half out. I've taken the panel off but can't get the mech out of it's "hole" to have a look at it. There seems to be a lot more "stuff" going to it then i expected. I guess things have changed a bit since my viva?

Hi guys, in desperation i tried the time honoured " stick a screw driver in and wiggle it about " and hey presto fixed.

I will try to find a more taxing problem for you next time........

Hi hope someone can help, the drivers seatbelt on my 96 2.0 gli has stuck half in and half out. I've taken the panel off but can't get the mech out of it's "hole" to have a look at it. There seems to be a lot more "stuff" going to it then i expected. I guess things have changed a bit since my viva?

Hi guys, in desperation i tried the time honoured " stick a screw driver in and wiggle it about " and hey presto fixed.

I will try to find a more taxing problem for you next time........

Don’t want to disappoint you but it could happen again!

I had the same thing happen to my 98 1.6 XLi. I drove home without the belt and after a few kilometres it clicked, went back in and worked OK for about a month. It then did the same thing again, as the car was only 21/2 years old at the time the dealer fitted a new one under warranty. No more problems in the remaining 71/2 years I kept the car.

One thing the dealer did tell me was that they only replace and do not repair front seatbelts because of the explosive charge that goes off in a crash to tension the belt.

So please be careful when you "stick a screw driver in and wiggle it about".

I hope you problem does not return,

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links