Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can They Be This Stupid?

1bloke1dog1mr2

Right, I'm after a bit of advice really. Just had my recall sorted out plus the timing chain tensioner replaced.

They've put a tenner in my car for the inconvenience. Great, job done.

Drove back to work (cold engine, 2 miles tops), popped the lid to check everything's alright and find the right hand side O2 sensor plug just hanging loose :o

I've plugged it back in immediately (no CEL... yet), but what I need to know is, will this have caused problems on a short journey? And is it worth phoning them to tell them in case I have repercussions? It's my word against there's I know but it's a !Removed! good job I know a bit about the car!!!!

Makes me wonder why I keep going there, shame the next Mr T is 50 miles away but it looks like it may be worth going there in the future.

Oh dear!

If everything is running ok and you never got a misfire (like me) then all should be well :thumbsup:

It is possible that you may have a "Pending" error code, because of this and it might be best to do an ECU re-set, just disconnect the Battery for 10/15 minutes and connect up again, unless you have or can get a code reader to check for errors or pending errors, then just clear them. (you will lose your radio pre-set stations if the Battery method is used) :yes:

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links