Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 4d4

eesee

I understand that there is a new (refreshed) Rav4 in 2009. This has been mentioned in these

forums before. Does anyone know:

- Any truth to the rumour that it will have a new diesel engine with a lower CO2 rating

- When can I order one in the uk?

I understand that there is a new (refreshed) Rav4 in 2009. This has been mentioned in these

- Any truth to the rumour that it will have a new diesel engine with a lower CO2 rating

You mean the D4D

They have them in the USA now and a look over at www.rav4world.com will have some details on them... Not ready for us in the UK yet....As for the new D4D unit Unknown...

You mean the D4D

Fingers!

They have them in the USA now and a look over at www.rav4world.com will have some details on them... Not ready for us in the UK yet....As for the new D4D unit Unknown...

Not much info on diesels in the US! One source I read was that they might have

the emissions down to 160g/km which would drop it into the next category down.

Hoping that someone here might be in the know...

What they do have in the US is the new shape 2009 RAV4... it has the same front as the new Hilux (if you've seen one of those)

They like the Automatic in the US as well, stick shifts as they call them, are still a novelty...A Diesel Automatic will be brilliant over here.... Other makers do them just not Toyota :(

The more I see of the Santa Fe the more I like it....also a Lexus RX400H will be nice, but Santa cant fit that in his Sleigh this year :crybaby:

Yes that is true 160 co2 see autoexpress.co.uk

It will share some of the technology from the new Avensis and you can glean some info here;

"Another example of the ‘Toyota Optimal Drive’ philosophy can be seen on the new Avensis diesel line-up. The three powerful and refined diesel engines on the new generation Avensis have been re-engineered to deliver more torque at lower speed leading to lower emissions,and now all meet Euro V standards. The D-4D engines have been upgraded with new piezo injectors and a higher common rail pressure at 2,000 bar. These new diesel engine technology features lead to CO2 level reduction from 2,5 to 10% depending on the powertrain compared to the outgoing model.

The 2.0-litre D-4D 125 engine, available with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), delivers power via a 6-speed manual transmission with a refined ‘shift feel’. It produces 126 DIN hp and 310 Nm torque between 1,800 and 2,400 rpm. Emissions are reduced by 7% to 134 g/km* when equipped with Oxydation Catalytic Converter (Cco), and by 9% to 139 g/km* when fitted with the DPF (sedan body type).

The 2.2-litre D-4D 150 offers a well-balanced proposition of power and economy. Power output is 150 DIN hp while torque has been increased on this engine by nearly 10% to 340 Nm between 2,000 and 2,800 rpm.

In addition, its wide torque range means maximum torque is available in most driving conditions, without the need for frequent gear changes.

As a Toyota first on a diesel passenger car, a brand-new 6-speed automatic transmission is offered on the 2.2 D-4D 150. It provides a fast shift response while maintaining an impressive level of comfort through eliminating harsh shift shocks. It has a Sport mode that intelligently “reads” the driver’s behaviour and accordingly adjusts its gear change pattern. This new automatic transmission also offers the exhilaration of a sequential manual mode. By moving into the M-gate, the driver can change gear either by using the sequential shift of the gearshift lever or by using paddle-shifts on the steering wheel. This engine derivative is equipped with Toyota’s unique emissions

control technology called Toyota D-CAT, delivering a CO2 emission level below 180 g/km*. The Toyota D-CAT technology reduces Nitrogen Oxides (NOx), and particulate emissions at the same time. The technology is maintenance-free and doesn’t require any component replacement.

The D-4D 150 will also be available with a 6-speed manual transmission, this combination comes with a standard DPF with CO2 emissions reduced by 6% to 147 g/km* (sedan body type).

Top of the range diesel is the 2.2 D-4D 180. The unique combination of a low compression ratio and high boost turbocharger creates remarkable power output and engine efficiency. With 177 DIN hp of power and a torque delivery of 400 Nm across a range from 2,000 to 2,800 rpm, this is among the most powerful diesel cars in the D-segment. It delivers 0-100km/h in just 8.5 seconds with a CO2 emission level of 157 g/km* (sedan body type), making it one of the least CO2 emitting high power diesels in the market today. It also features the Toyota D-CAT technology."

It will share some of the technology from the new Avensis and you can glean some info here;

As a Toyota first on a diesel passenger car, a brand-new 6-speed automatic transmission is offered on the 2.2 D-4D 150.

Hmmmm. Now what do I do? I can get a 'new' d-4d xtr from Drive The Deal now

for ~ £16.5k. Or do I wait for the 2009 engines (automatic, lower co2,...) but

probably for a lot more money.

This is what happens when you try to do your research before buying.

Hmmmm. Now what do I do? I can get a 'new' d-4d xtr from Drive The Deal now

for ~ £16.5k. Or do I wait for the 2009 engines (automatic, lower co2,...) but

probably for a lot more money.

This is what happens when you try to do your research before buying.

I would wait... Especially if they are bringing out the Automatic diesel....

Their are also some cracking bargains to be had right now... so it's your choice....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links