Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car

blahblahblah

Im looking at getting an 98 avensis estate GLS @177000 miles, petrol with part service history (about 3-4 years) what do you think, am I mad!!!! :unsure:

Im looking at getting an 98 avensis estate GLS @177000 miles, petrol with part service history (about 3-4 years) what do you think, am I mad!!!!

Maybe...................depends on how much you are paying for it and what you are expecting the car to do. :)

But welcome to TOC anyway :thumbsup:

It might be a bit expensive but as it's a pre VVT-i engine so it'll easily take the mileage.

To blahblahblah,

If you have the 3S-FE engine then as long as it has been looked after properly, you will not go far wrong, one of Toyotas finest engines. As mentioned above superior to the vvti engines, just my opinion. As with all older cars just make sure everything works properly & the rust bug has not got hold of it. I have seen these engines with 250,000 miles on them & still going strong. But remember it is an old car, so drive a hard bargain, with car sales at the moment it's a buyers market.

Regards, Beagh.

I've seen GLS hatchbacks go for around £800 in trade sales when the car has full toyota service history and only 76k on the clock... £700 seems a bit steep for something with 100k more miles on it! especially if it's not a trade sale too.

Im looking at getting an 98 avensis estate GLS @177000 miles, petrol with part service history (about 3-4 years) what do you think, am I mad!!!!

Maybe...................depends on how much you are paying for it and what you are expecting the car to do. :)

But welcome to TOC anyway :thumbsup:

I don't live in UK, so don't know about prices and stuff for you guys, but 700£ would be a bargen here. I'm actually driving the same kind of car and wouldn't dream of selling it for less than 4000£.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links