Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Regarding Tte Backbox

superjim42

i thought i would check out the clamp job that the guy did finally as i had a feeling something wasnt right....

there seems to be a gap in between the two pipes with the bolts holding it together....is that normal? or does that mean it hasnt been fitted properly?

it looks like this: SORRY FOR VERY BAD DRAWING LOL BUT YOU GET THE IDEA

untitl15.jpg

in the picture is the two pipes...the bottom one being the tte backbox pipe and top one the standard middle pipe....screws on boths sides.....gap in between with abit more piping in between the gap....

is that ok? or i need to get it tightened?

If there's a gap i'd get it tightened.

The plates clamp together so there shouldn't be a gap.

I would double check mine for you but i'm not crawling under my car in my suit! :P

:lol:

There will some kind of gasket in the gap, is it blowing or are you suffering from paranoia or worse a Flexy style addiction?

ahh i seee so the thingy between the pipes is a gasket....lol

so that would mean its fine right?

i guess it could be paranoia cos everyone says its fine and that its not blowing. i mean theres no loud roar sound, and defintely no air escaping cos i put my head under the car as much as i could and got my bro to rev it and didnt hear any air leaks but i just wanted to be sure cos of that gap.

lol norfolk i will wash your suit for you dont worry :P full dry cleaned and ironed no charge!

i guess it could be paranoia cos everyone says its fine and that its not blowing. i mean theres no loud roar sound, and defintely no air escaping cos i put my head under the car as much as i could and got my bro to rev it and didnt hear any air leaks but i just wanted to be sure cos of that gap.

lol norfolk i will wash your suit for you dont worry :P full dry cleaned and ironed no charge!

:lol: Yeah a bloke in a suit laying under a car won't look odd at all! :P

:lol: Yeah a bloke in a suit laying under a car won't look odd at all! :P

the gap is ment to be there, i have been under my car 2day and its like that with the standard back box! my tte back box should fit on fine but the only thing that i need to alter is the Brackets!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links