Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uncooperative Sat-nav

HertsBoy

Hi Folks, I had to visit Liverpool City, used sat nav to get me there from London area. No problem, when leaving Liverpool the sat nav kept directing me away from a easterly direction (the correct way) and insisted on taking me west towards the dock area. I re-set the destination 3 times but it still directed me away from the correct route, Is this because of high buildings or something? I had a bluetooth phone plugged in cigar lighter, but sat nav behaved on trip from London. anyway I unplugged it and still sat nav was goofy! I had to switch it off and do it the hard way....any thoughts on this would be helpful. Since then 3 weeks ago I have not used sat nav. My car is a 56 Avensis 2000 D4d HB T3. Thanks for reading this.

Hi Folks, I had to visit Liverpool City, used sat nav to get me there from London area. No problem, when leaving Liverpool the sat nav kept directing me away from a easterly direction (the correct way) and insisted on taking me west towards the dock area. I re-set the destination 3 times but it still directed me away from the correct route, Is this because of high buildings or something? I had a bluetooth phone plugged in cigar lighter, but sat nav behaved on trip from London. anyway I unplugged it and still sat nav was goofy! I had to switch it off and do it the hard way....any thoughts on this would be helpful. Since then 3 weeks ago I have not used sat nav. My car is a 56 Avensis 2000 D4d HB T3. Thanks for reading this.

Or it could be that most sat navs in Liverpool will take you past the dock on to the main roads that go straight from there to the end of the motor way. Its something to do with satnavs usually selecting the largest road to travel on. Also theres been a large number of changes in the road lay out in liverpool in the last few yrs so often the quickest route isnt the direct route so could be that too.

But if you know your way then no worries no need to use the sat nav.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links