Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stroke.

Calisto

Sorry to hear about your news.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time. x

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calisto

• Red Yaris 54

• Kev Mc

• Devil-ish

Ash, Hun, you have my deepest sympathy & prayers at this sad time. Remember the good times & she will always be with you in your heart :hug:

So sorry to hear that hun :( , take comfort from the fact that she is at peace now, the hurt will pass with time - the memories live forever xxx

hey girl

sorry to read of your loss. :(

keep your chin up, she is looking over you and your family now.

i know its hard but she isnt in anymore pain.

hugs n kisses

Andie

xxx

She’s in a better place right now

Than she’s ever been before;

All pain is gone; she’s now at rest;

Nothing troubles her anymore.

It’s we who feel the burden of

Our sadness and our grief;.

We have to cry, to mourn our loss,

Before we get relief.

We know we’ll reconnect with her

At the end of each life’s road;

We’ll see her cherished face again

When we release our earthly load.

Well tomorrow is the day of the funeral.

The music I have chosen is this...

I know it's down to personal taste and this was one of her favs but I don't know if its a bit ott?

We are having a very small service in fact only 4-5 will be attending, no one will be saying anything....This music will be playing.....it will be just us walking behind the coffin, coffin placed were ever it goes, we all sit down music still continues to play.....curtains close music ends and then we leave.

Nan wasn't to big on pomp and ceremony.....its a sit and contemplate your own thoughts kind of a thing.

I have to admit I am not looking forward to this day...for many reasons and for those that are close to me...they will understand.

if it was one of her favourites then it's very appropriate. When my best mate died a few years back they played a really obscure Depeche Mode song - as it was his favourite.

Funerals are rarely fun , not really something to look forward to, but a necessary part of life.

I know it's down to personal taste and this was one of her favs but I don't know if its a bit ott?

We are having a very small service in fact only 4-5 will be attending, no one will be saying anything....This music will be playing.....it will be just us walking behind the coffin, coffin placed were ever it goes, we all sit down music still continues to play.....curtains close music ends and then we leave.

Nan wasn't to big on pomp and ceremony.....its a sit and contemplate your own thoughts kind of a thing.

I have to admit I am not looking forward to this day...for many reasons and for those that are close to me...they will understand.

The music is perfect..............particularly as it was one of her favourites.

Be strong Ash hun....................my thoughts and prayers will be with you x

At my Mums funeral we played Hendrix and Dad sorted that out.

The reason I asked is because this has been left for me to deal with and I don't want to get it wrong, I am so nervous..... this time round I have had to organise all of it.

-_-

Sorry its late Ash - not been online very much over the past couple of weeks and didn't see the news....

So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you & Alex. I hope today goes as well as it can - and don't worry about anything, your Nan will know how much you loved her regardless.

Big hugs ((xx))

Sorry to hear the news Ash, I had to organise my Mums at the beginning of December. We had Hymms during the service, but went into the Crem with:

She-Charles Aznavour and left with

I remember you-Frank Ifield, a favourite of my Mum's

I put the tracks on a CD and had to make sure it all worked on the Crems equipment! It all went well without any hitches and everybody who went said how much they enjoyed those personal choices

The day will be very sad, but you can draw on those happy memories you have

All the best Ash, keep strong

Kingo

Not sure if this is too late but I'm going to post it just in case it's not

If she liked it it's not OTT. There are no rules about what is & is not acceptable at a funeral, it's all about the person who's life you're celebrating.

My mate was killed when he was younger than I am now & as his coffin was taken away they played The Proclaimers - 500 Miles, it made us all smile amongst the grief because he was the sort of person who the words applied to. Is that an appropriate song for a funeral? Clearly it was because everyone who knew him felt it was. My dad wants Disco Inferno & there's no doubt in my mind he's going to get it because that's what he wants. Is a song with the main words "Burn baby burn" appropriate for a cremation? Yes, because it's what he wants & it's going to be his life we're celebrating so we'll be doing it his way.

If you know she loved the song there's no way it will be considered over the top so don't let it concern you. Parts of the day will be difficult enough without that eatting away at you. Be strong & know that even with all the sadness, there will be memories that make you laugh & smile through the day. Parts of my grandma's funeral left me with my worst ever memories that haunt me to this day but as difficult as it was to deal with at the time, the odd laugh helped me get through it & I'm glad I was able to do what I did for her.

Take care Ash, thinking of you

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up this morning do the sound of what I thought was one of my cats being sick up stairs......I knew my Dad was awake so I shouted up to him to see if he had it under control.....but I got no response, so I shouted again...still no response......I run upstairs to find my Dad lying in bed struggling to breath.....eyes rolling in the back of his head and frothing at the mouth.

:crybaby:

I put him in the recovery position...talking/shouting to him as I do it but not getting any response. As I am doing this I am calling 999.

Dude on the end of the phone is telling me what to do, being reassuring but not (if you know what I mean)

Dad is whisked off to A and E....put on monitors, drips, blah, blah. I follow in the car.

Verdict........ heart attack :crybaby: Being kept in for observation and on the monitors and drips (not sure for how long).

Dad is the only blood relative I have left, I am trying to be strong but keep having moments of weakness and crying.

Jinxed is being great and helping all he can.....but I am so scared of losing my Dad.

I may call my Dad every name under the sun for one thing or another but I still love him and don't want him to die, he needs to see me make a success of myself.

Gee whizz you are not having a very good time at the moment Ash :mellow:

Hope everything goes OK for your Dad, will be thinking of you

Kingo

!Removed! hell Ash, it never rains but it pours

Don't know what to say apart from try to be strong, you're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for but don't be afraid to show some weakness once in a while. If there's anything I can do & I mean anything, give me a shout

Still thinking of you

Oh Ash - what can I say. Soooo sorry to hear this, hope Trev makes a good recovery.

Only thing I can think of saying is we know how you feel at the moment cos we went through this with Bill not so long ago. We thought we'd lose him or at worst he would need caring for in the future - but he is OK now. So dont be despondent cos Trev may recover as well as Bill did. He is no doubt getting all the care he needs where he is :doctor:

We are here for you if you need us hun :hug:

Ash, Hun, I am so sorry to hear your news. The shock of the death of a Loved one can cause these things to happen. A couple of months after the death of my Wife, I had a minor stroke, & am fully recovered. I am being monitored,regularly.

This is probably what happened to your Dad. You did what you had to do in the emergency, & at least now he is in the best place for care & recovery. Please God he will come through & with watching his diet,strictly,& exercise he will be able to live a normal & long life.

I will remember your Father & you in my prayers & Please God he will be with you for many years to come :hug:

Oh no Ash hun.......................so sorry to hear that. :(

You must be strong at this trying time.....................My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad..........x

So sorry to hear the news about your Dad Ash, my heart goes out to you & Alex that he makes a full recovery

Big hugs & kisses XXX

Dear calisto, i was so, so sorry to read of your nans death, please accept my sincere condolencies .

And now the news that your father has suffered a heart attack , try to stay strong your father will need you now, the good news is that people do go on to make a full recovery.

My father has suffered two heart attacks in the past, and has fought back to full health both times..... there is light at the end of the tunnel , all the very best to you and your father.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links