Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Tyre Mounted Cycle Carrier

Notebook

Used one of these many moons ago (not on a RAV) and didn't like it.

Changed to a roof mounted system.

Eventually got a tow-bar mounted one. Best of all IMO.

This topic has been discussed here before so if you do a search something will come up.

Thanks

Just a long way up for roof mounted.

I agree that the tow bar option looks the best, but how much would all that cost?

or can you just screw a bar in without all the wireing etc?

Thanks

Just a long way up for roof mounted.

I agree that the tow bar option looks the best, but how much would all that cost?

or can you just screw a bar in without all the wireing etc?

You'll get different opinions about this but I think with the one you are looking at you have to be careful not to obscure the lights or number plate or else the boys in blue will stop you.

Roof-mounted is a long way up but in one of the other posts on here a member suggested carrying a folding aluminium step which is a good idea.

For the tow bar you really need to have a proper bar fitted (with wiring). Can then put up to 4 bikes on.

The wiring powers the lights/indicator plate at the back

Towbars are not cheap though.

Nowadays I simply take the back seats out of the RAv and put 2 bikes in (holds them easily) But there are only 2 of us.

Do a search on here for tow bars for more info.

Nowadays I simply take the back seats out of the RAv and put 2 bikes in (holds them easily) But there are only 2 of us.

Please be careful with this option. My bike was in the back of my 4.2 when it got rammed from behind by a white van man (wrote off the car and the bike). The bike jumped forward in the impact and hit me on the back of the head. This has resulted neck and shoulder injuries, which I was told on Wednesday by an independent surgeon (for the compensation claim), will take approx 1 year to recover from. The accident was three months ago!

Please be careful with this option. My bike was in the back of my 4.2 when it got rammed from behind by a white van man (wrote off the car and the bike). The bike jumped forward in the impact and hit me on the back of the head. This has resulted neck and shoulder injuries, which I was told on Wednesday by an independent surgeon (for the compensation claim), will take approx 1 year to recover from. The accident was three months ago!

Thanks jonbr. Suppose should really get a safety guard if I continue to do this.

Hope you recover soon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links