Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nearly 5,000 Uk Jobs At Risk As Toyota Reveals First Ever Annual Loss

auris2008

According to what was said by Katsuaki Watanabe to save money they are going to put on hold new plant development in USA, postpone new plants in China, India and Brazil, cut management salaries and cut 3000 contract jobs in Japan. Nothing about UK. Whatever is going to happen I would not trust in what they say in Daily Mail B)

According to what was said by Katsuaki Watanabe to save money they are going to put on hold new plant development in USA, postpone new plants in China, India and Brazil, cut management salaries and cut 3000 contract jobs in Japan. Nothing about UK. Whatever is going to happen I would not trust in what they say in Daily Mail B)

I wouldn't either

BBC news story is here....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7794888.stm

and here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7788816.stm

The last thing the UK needs right now though is a reduction in manufacturing in this country... Merry Xmas!

I have said on here before, Toyota is in a unique position, they are a very cash rich company, but the crippling exchange rate and global downturn is taking its toll just like every other major company. GM lost $38 billion in 3 months last year so £1BN in a year, considering the exchange rates is not a bad deal, all things considered :eek: Sure they will have to tighten their belts but closing UK plants is very far away I'm sure. Cars built at Burnaston and engines in Deeside are exported all over the world, so I cant see anything dire happening unless it really has to. Lets hope not, this country needs manufacturers, as we have become a service industry country and desperatly need manufacturers

Kingo :thumbsup:

working at burnaston i can say that although things are bleak right now there is no talk of redundancy's. Toyota UK are doing everything possible to keep peoples jobs safe. im not worried yet although with 15years service redundancy wouldn't be too bad :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links