Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Burning

Phoenix999

Guys I am seeking a little guidance from those of you that know something about CD burning.

I am in the process of transferring my old cassette tape collection onto my computer.... the software saves the tracks into the iTunes programme.

Once saved onto the comp what is the best method of burning the tracks onto a CD :unsure:

Can iTunes do it or is it better to use Windows Media Player :huh:

If I use either method will my burned CDs play well on my home sound system and that in my car :unsure:

Sorry to pose so many questions to you but as you can see I need a few pointers :)

Thanks in anticipation :thumbsup:

Itunes will do it.

Exactly the same method as burning Itune tracks to CD. What I do is create a playlist usually the name of the album and at the tracks to that list.

I have had no problems playing CD's written on the computer in any of my CD players.

i always use Nero for burning CD's

I used to have Nero on a previous computer and always found it fairly easy to use.... but that is now history as it went up with the comp in a cloud of smoke :blowup:

If you are ripping them to iTunes, you *have* to use iTunes to burn them as it stores them in an Apple-iPod-only format which most CD-burning programs can't read.

It should work okay; I've been forced to use iTunes to burn CDs and it has worked okay - Just make a Playlist of the songs you want to burn, and hit the burn button :)

Just make sure your CD players can read CDRs (My Yaris can't :(), and DON'T use CDRWs as they are far less compatible than CDRs, and also have a tendency to degrade after a few years.

If you are ripping them to iTunes, you *have* to use iTunes to burn them as it stores them in an Apple-iPod-only format which most CD-burning programs can't read.

It should work okay; I've been forced to use iTunes to burn CDs and it has worked okay - Just make a Playlist of the songs you want to burn, and hit the burn button :)

Just make sure your CD players can read CDRs (My Yaris can't :(), and DON'T use CDRWs as they are far less compatible than CDRs, and also have a tendency to degrade after a few years.

Thanks for that info, especially about using CDR's, but I am able to access the recently saved albums via Windows Media Player as well as via iTunes.... all tracks play perfectly and show up in list form so does this mean I can used Media Player as the burning programme as well :unsure:

Just choose MP3 ripping instead of AAC under import settings.......

Thanks for that info, especially about using CDR's, but I am able to access the recently saved albums via Windows Media Player as well as via iTunes.... all tracks play perfectly and show up in list form so does this mean I can used Media Player as the burning programme as well :unsure:

Oh! I see what you mean now. Yeah, you should be able to burn the CD from iTunes or MediaPlayer then.

Just choose MP3 ripping instead of AAC under import settings.......

Oh! Is this a new feature in iTunes? Last time I used it, the only way to get tracks out of iTunes was to burn them to a CD! I wasn't aware they'd finally opened it up so you could dump tracks to MP3s!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links