Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bovs

Jimlad

From experience non recirculating BOV's are bad news for Rev 1's and 2's. I had once fitted when i got the car five years ago. The first one they fitted caused the car to stall. The second one caused the car to hesitate at high revs and I felt a general loss of power. I took it off in the end, and went back to the garage for a refund. I then had to source the original pipes due to the fact they had cut mine to fit the BOV. Fortunately I obtained these for a small amount of money, and when I pointed out to the garage it was their lack of knowledge (they were a Motorsport outfir after all) they paid for the pipes too.

one was on there when I bought it ..

The second is inserted into one of the IC pipes .. I was going to keep it until my mate got a new MR2 .. he's now got an Audi ..

I run the SQV as I'm not fussed about the fueling atm, I'm not running mega boost or anything .. and I like the sound ..

I'm not going to sell the BOV saying it'll be 100% okay on your engine .. I've not seen any problems, but I know they exist ..

sounds like a lot of bother for a little noise jim.

i would suggest getting a 70's style C.B radio fitted in your car, and have a small speaker wired to it under the bumper. then,.....when driving by people u wanna impress, just make a loud whooshing noise into your C.B. :lol::thumbsup:

u could also use it to chat up girls too! :thumbsup:

Was talked about a bit only a week or so ago:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...3&hl=turbosmart

You can get digital bov's if you REALLY want too :rolleyes:

I'll go against the norm and say do it.....I ran one for years no problems....heaps of others here in NZ do it to with no issue's, Iv'e never seen in person any issue's other than it stalling in which case just go back to a re-circ or stock bov.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

i have a Greddy one on mine i dont have anyproblems just cause the car to POP when changing gears but i cant see this as a problem B)

sounds like a lot of bother for a little noise jim.

i would suggest getting a 70's style C.B radio fitted in your car, and have a small speaker wired to it under the bumper. then,.....when driving by people u wanna impress, just make a loud whooshing noise into your C.B. :lol::thumbsup:

u could also use it to chat up girls too! :thumbsup:

nice idea !!...

pull up along side some birds.... " heh baby "... lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links