Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Corolla 1.4 Vvti 16 Valve

irwin#2

I have been driving this 1.4vvti 3 door for 3 months.

Any1 no what the top speed is and what methods of tuning can be used for more BHP.

im also looking body kits for it if anyone knows cheap sites.

Also what is the standard bhp of this model?

Thanks Glenn

Best bet would be to keep mods at a minimum because of the small engine size, but for some small improvements, get a induction kit or panel filter, maybe a free flow exhaust, lower the car and the biggest way to improve power is to reduce weight. IE maybe spare wheel and rear seats. Another modification which could be of small gain is light weight alloy wheels. Lighter than stock could help in acceleration ;)

also top speed for the corolla 1.4 is 115mph

BHP = 95bhp....some websites say 95 some say 97.

Yeh i have a straight threw exhaust on it, i had 17's on it and have reduced them to 16's.

for the little engine size its very quick , 1st , 2nd , 3rd gear are tremendous but it drops 2thousand revs between , 4th and 5th.

I find it too sharp down low, can you change gear ratios so that it has a better top end.

Thanks

also top speed for the corolla 1.4 is 115mph

BHP = 95bhp....some websites say 95 some say 97.

Yeh i have a straight threw exhaust on it, i had 17's on it and have reduced them to 16's.

for the little engine size its very quick , 1st , 2nd , 3rd gear are tremendous but it drops 2thousand revs between , 4th and 5th.

I find it too sharp down low, can you change gear ratios so that it has a better top end.

Thanks

im certain a vvti controller like a camcon can be used easier on the 1.4-1.6 than a ts as its made to adjust vvti...so yes there probably is a way to tune. Not to sure on the gains at all tho.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links