Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sticky/solid Accelerator Pedal Normal?!

markxstand

Hey up Guys/ gals!

so, i finally got my hands on a pretty decent condition gen6... Really pleased with it, being my first celica an all :D

Obviously with all cars you purchase you find things that happen/ and or dont happen when they should etc etc.

my quiestion is this:

whenever i start my car, (more so when its cold or been sitting a while) the throttle pedal is propper solid. Doesn't move at all unless i put significant force on it... it almost feels like you have to press hard enough to break a seal (think of squeezing a grape in your fingers, and all of a sudden you put too much pressure on it and it pops?!) well thats sorta whats happening with the pedal. (sorry for my really bad descriptions haha)

any help would be much appreciated. it drives fantastic (only done 70k) , idles absoloutley spot, i just wonder weather the sticky pedal thing when cold or first started is normal?!

Because once ive got this sorted ill be looking for an exhaust and wheels. any info on good places to purchase them would be sweet!!

cheers!

Mark :)

look to the throttle cable on the throttle body housing , you will see a small stud ( tick over screw ) with allan key type slot and a small 8mm nut , loosen the nut and screw in that screw a tiny bit any more than a tiny bit is too much . tighten the nut whist holding the stud steady so it dont move. this should solve your problems.

give the linkages a good oil/grease where appropriate while your at it.

look to the throttle cable on the throttle body housing , you will see a small stud ( tick over screw ) with allan key type slot and a small 8mm nut , loosen the nut and screw in that screw a tiny bit any more than a tiny bit is too much . tighten the nut whist holding the stud steady so it dont move. this should solve your problems.

give the linkages a good oil/grease where appropriate while your at it.

nice one cheers dude will give it a try and see how i get on. just seems weird as its only ever from cold. once driving about and after the first press its absoloutley fine!

yeah i know , both my celicas did it.

just make sure the tick over is still at 800 rpm once hot. if its higher you moved that screw too far . best wait untill engine is hot before moving it .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links