Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Original Toyota Stereo

francois

Hi

I have a carina E 1.8 GS with the original toyota radio/tape player.

I'm planning on getting a cd player (Kenwood KDC-W312SAY) and fitting it myself.

Does anyone know if the original toyota stereo is a iso-din? I understand that if it as an iso din i can just use the existing bracket mounts and and plug it in to existing connecotrs.

actually any tips at all on changing it? looks like i have to remove the central fascia?

Hi, buy a conversion lead of eBay or go to Halfords they will fit most makes of stereo they only cost a couple of quid.

You will have to remove the facia, not difficult, just put something like a feeler guage or similar in the top above the clock and another one the other side and gently prize until it pops out. Then in the best tradition of HAYNES, "simply remove". :lol:

There should be four 8mm bolts/screws holding the original stereo in place.

When you fit the new unit you might have to make a bracket to support it so it dosent drop or bounce about.

Hope this helps :D

Hi, buy a conversion lead of ebay or go to halfords they will fit most makes of stereo they only cost a couple of quid.

You will have to remove the facia, not difficult, just put something like a feeler guage or similar in the top above the clock and another one the other side and gently prize until it pops out. Then in the best tradition of HAYNES, "simply remove". :lol:

There should be four 8mm bolts/screws holding the original stereo in place.

When you fit the new unit you might have to make a bracket to support it so it dosent drop or bounce about.

Hope this helps :D

Thanks

Ok for the lead, makes sense, though cheapest i can find on the net is 8£.

According to Halfords I also need a fascia adaptor, is this correct? cheapest i can find is 22£

I don't think my lead cost as much as that, i'm sure it was under a fiver (i would'nt have bought it otherwise cos i'm cheap :D ).

As for the facia adapter, i'm not sure, the best thing to do is fit your new stereo, then if it dose'nt quite fit then you can buy a facia adaptor.

B)

Hi

I'm planning on getting a cd player (Kenwood KDC-W312SAY) and fitting it myself.

actually any tips at all on changing it?

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Get one of the tape-adaptor wossnames (the ones which look like a cassetter with a wire dangling from it) and plug in a cd or mp3 player. The expensive versions of those adaptors are a tenner, and installation takes all of three seconds.

If you do still want to replace the stereo, I found that mine had an ISO adaptor installed on the Toyota factory-fit. If not, a quid or so on eBay should see you sorted.

Hi

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Get one of the tape-adaptor wossnames (the ones which look like a cassetter with a wire dangling from it) and plug in a cd or mp3 player. The expensive versions of those adaptors are a tenner, and installation takes all of three seconds.

If you do still want to replace the stereo, I found that mine had an ISO adaptor installed on the Toyota factory-fit. If not, a quid or so on eBay should see you sorted.

I have a tape adaptor, just want to upgrade (my avensis has a cd player so my carina feels jealous!!!)

• 1 month later...
Hi

I have a tape adaptor, just want to upgrade (my avensis has a cd player so my carina feels jealous!!!)

Go to Halfords and get a lead adapter from them, costs £5-12, did this on my GS with a JVC player...very easy job

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links