Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lc120 Front Brakes

George T

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had problems with the front brake calipers seizing? I have a 04 plate LC120 with 29000 miles on the clock and have just been told that it needs new pads and discs as they are worn due to the calipers being seized and also the calipers needed replacing [expensive].

The vehicle is under guarantee and when this was pointed out then the garage seemed keen to free off the calipers as opposed to replacing them under guarantee, I have to pay for the discs and pads as it’s classed as wear and tear, has anyone else had problems with front calipers?

Go back to the garage and tell them to shove it deep up their **** :wacko:

The fault was probably there when you bought it and as 'they said' the calipers need replacing then tell them to replace them :yes: Also tell them to replace the discs and pads at their cost as it was the seizing calipers that caused these items to fail :ffs:

You should not need to pay a single penny for this work and if they suggest otherwise tell them you will be seeking legal advice with a view to speaking to the small claims court.

I hope it all goes well for you :thumbsup:

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had problems with the front brake calipers seizing? I have a 04 plate LC120 with 29000 miles on the clock and have just been told that it needs new pads and discs as they are worn due to the calipers being seized and also the calipers needed replacing [expensive].

The vehicle is under guarantee and when this was pointed out then the garage seemed keen to free off the calipers as opposed to replacing them under guarantee, I have to pay for the discs and pads as it’s classed as wear and tear, has anyone else had problems with front calipers?

Hi, I had the same problem and according to the garage that repaired mine some landcruisers had a recall on them for that particular problem, you need to check with Toyota themselves with your chassis number to check if yours is included and it will be repaired under Toyota recall warranty.

Good luck

Hi Folks,

Hi, I had the same problem and according to the garage that repaired mine some landcruisers had a recall on them for that particular problem, you need to check with Toyota themselves with your chassis number to check if yours is included and it will be repaired under Toyota recall warranty.

Good luck

Hi George

See this: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87124

I had the same problem. I bought my car from a different garage to where I took it for the calipers. The pads and discs were OK - I think 70% wear left. They replaced the calipers under the used car guarantee (53 plate LC120).

Just go tell 'em it is a guarantee item and they need to sort it. At the moment they're seeing you as a juicy money cow. Do what I did; tell them to do it under guarantee or you'll have it done elsewhere. Then find a good mechanic and have it done there! I was quoted £260 to do 2 NEW calipers by an individual mech, as opposed to Toyota's £450!!

Good luck!

PS: My car is great now and even feels to handle better!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Folks,

Folks, final out come of my front brake problems was a repair consisting of new callipers disks and pads all fitted free of charge, it appears there was a recall for this problem as mentioned by Trent, but my car had not been done, which was strange as I bought it from the local Toyota dealership with a full service history, you would think they would check the Toyota data base that all recalls / updates had been carried out prior to selling the car!!!!!!!

Car is now stopping without having to push the pedal through the floor, many thanks for your comments and help

George.... it is good to read the outcome of your case :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

Well my first post and quick question. I have an 03 LC120 and at the last service 3 weeks ago told O/S front caliper had seized and paid for garage to replace it, £300 plus labour. I bought the car just over 3 years ago and it's the first time the pads have needed to be replaced. Is it worth contacting Toyota to see if they were done under guarentee, if not trying to get my money back?

Cheers

Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links