Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Blue Glovebox

Evil Monkey

Hi all - just joined as only just purchased an Aygo Blue end of December.

I was looking around to purchase a lid for the Aygo Blue - but it seems that the lid should have been part of the Blue's spec - could anyone confirm/deny this???

If this is correct - that salesmans gonna get it!!! :angry:

Cheers

In the "Lagoon Blue" Blues, the glovebox lid comes as standard (I have one)

Not sure about the newer Slate Blue ones.... I'm pretty sure they didn't but may be wrong....

If I were you I would not worry about the box door not being there.... it is really crappy and suffers with a stupid design fault, the locking catch has to be the worst I have ever seen :angry:

I got the glovebox lid as an extra. The opening mechanism is quite fragile. Actually I like the thing very much, can keep something hidden in the car. Just need to be careful when opening the glovebox!

Glove box lid most probably been removed at PDI as per the new bulletins.

As said above they are pretty much a waste of time - handle snaps off/catch fails/opens when driving.

Mart.

Due to well documented quality issues TME ( Toyota Europe ) withdrew the current Aygo glovebox lid from the spec list of a new Aygo blue/platinum. A letter explaining this was sent to dealers in early December. Any undelivered Aygo’s ( Still with Toyota not dealers ) had the lids removed before delivery. So if your Blue was a new delivery in December it is most likely the lid was removed. Toyota have said a new lid is on its way but have no ETA as yet.

If your Aygo was a later car without a glovebox you may have to wait for the new lid & then buy one, as Toyota do state in their brochures that specifications can be changed at any time without notice, meaning just because it shows one in a brochure does not mean you will get one, unless you specifically requested it as part of the sales contract or the dealer said you would have one. In which case the dealer will have to supply it.

Regards

Devon

As said above they are pretty much a waste of time - handle snaps off/catch fails/opens when driving.

Mart.

I disagree, mine has never suffered from any of those problems and I'd much prefer all my cables etc to be shut away than on display with thieves thinking my Sat Nav/mobile is about just because the cables are.... :thumbsup:

I used to ave a pug-lid and that came apart even faster than the Toyota one does...

The Peugeot and Toyota versions are different in both aestetics and technics...

I have the slate blue, bought in July '08, & mine has the glovebox lid.

below is little story about me fixing it

At the weekend I decided I'd had enough of the rattle & decided I should investigate the shoddy mechanism.

To my surprise it was a small piece of metal that created the tension (to hold the draw) with a piece of sellotape ... ... brilliant !!!!

When I pressed th metal th tape moved, explaining why th lid always rattles etc.

So after a few thoughts, like changing lock mechanism completely (maybe magnet & plate) I tried to fix it was there.

Other types of tape were out due to th flexing issue so I needed something more solid .... bit of a brain-wave use 'Araldite', the super strong 2 part glue stuff.

I flipped over metal, so it would hav more resistance & held it in place wilst I created a bond over the top - like a plaster - to hold the metal in place.

next day the stuff had set & its great ....

It has worked a treat ... no rattle or noise

In the "Lagoon Blue" Blues, the glovebox lid comes as standard (I have one)

Not sure about the newer Slate Blue ones.... I'm pretty sure they didn't but may be wrong....

hey, ive just purchased a slate blue aygo (my 2nd aygo) and am pretty sure i read it shud have come with one, i personally dont want one cos nothing fitted in the original glove box neways so i just left stuff hanging out of it! and i dont like the nasty plastic look of it hehe but if u want it and it shud come with it, tell em to take the car back!!

My 57 plate Blue has a glovebox lid and I've never had a problem with it.

My sons Slate Blue Aygo (Purchased July 2008) had one fitted as standard.

It kept springing open when he drove over uneven ground..............The dealer replaced it with a modified version which has no problems :thumbsup:

My Aygo Black I just bought didn't have one so I bought one on eBay from Pentagon Toyota. Part number PZ416-934401-00 for about £24.

Fitting it was simple, and it seems pretty sturdy and a snug fit. No problems to report.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links