Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Liteace 4x4 Truck

teeshka

I have a 92 LiteAce 4x4 truck with the 5 speed on the steering column. I can't get it into reverse. I should say that after trying for 5-10 minutes, it sometimes will go in. I tried adjusting the linkage in both directions. I lubricated all moving parts on the linkage. I took the plate off the side of the transmission where the linkage connects, and I can put it into reverse using a screwdriver. Any suggestions as to what else I may try???

• 11 months later...
I have a 92 LiteAce 4x4 truck with the 5 speed on the steering column. I can't get it into reverse. I should say that after trying for 5-10 minutes, it sometimes will go in. I tried adjusting the linkage in both directions. I lubricated all moving parts on the linkage. I took the plate off the side of the transmission where the linkage connects, and I can put it into reverse using a screwdriver. Any suggestions as to what else I may try???

Hi , get somebody to sit in the drivers seat and move the gear selector in and out of reverse. Watch very closely for any play in the linkage. If the linkage is definately ok ,it may need internal surgery. Possibly the selector arm come loose on its mounting.

• 1 year later...

after doing some research Ive found more interest towards a Toyota liteace 4x4 truck. No they are not as small as the "mini trucks", but they barely exceed the length of my f-350's box, and that's small enough for me. I would not consider purchasing one of these vehicles unless they were diesel (for the fuel economy and low end torque) yet another reason for the liteace. I think with a good quality lift kit, tires, and accessorized in every way that i would want for hunting, it would be my perfect truck, and i could get great millage to the city of Vancouver where i work. It would be the coolest hunting rig for the bush aswell. !!! 1). Are parts in better circulation because its Toyota and its a larger truck or are they a little hard to find?!!! 2). Where is the nearest dealer to Vancouver BC where they deal with liteace 4x4 trucks?!!! 3). Has anyone heard of any issues with them that would be of major concern?!!!

-that's all i have for now, any constructive or !!helpful" input would be most appreciated thank you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links