Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Upgrade: 2004 --> 2006/7

jonnyspin

I'm just wondering about changing my RAV4 for a newer model...

I have a 2.0 D4D xt4 of 2004/04 vintage with just under 50k on it, and I'd like the same sort of kit, or higher, plus the sat nav and perhaps the 180 bhp engine. So, what should I go for? How much should I expect to pay to change?

As an example, I've seen a 06 t180 with 17000 miles for £13k - I would need to add roof rails to this, but it ticks all the spec/power boxes.

I have a 2.0 D4D xt4 of 2004/04 vintage with just under 50k on it, and I'd like the same sort of kit, or higher, plus the sat nav and perhaps the 180 bhp engine. So, what should I go for? How much should I expect to pay to change?

As an example, I've seen a 06 t180 with 17000 miles for £13k - I would need to add roof rails to this, but it ticks all the spec/power boxes.

Just a tip for you my friend; I have previously owned a Nissan Xtrail which had Sat Nav as standard. This was absolutely useless, and when I say useless I mean useless. My first Sat Nav system was a Panasonic which was wired into my car and cost in the region of £1500. It cost me £300 to transfer it to my next vehicle, and when that was disposed of I let the Sat Nav go as well; I believe the sales manager ripped it out for himself !! The Panasonic was very good, and at that price so it should have been. Since those days I have had about 3 different model Garmins which I also found a waste of time; but in the last eighteen months I have used a Tom Tom Go 720 which I think cost about £150. This has proved brilliant, in both the U.K. and Europe. If you buy a car with built in Sat Nav you are stuck with it, and will probably have forked out a lot of money to get it. Mobile units are so easy to fit and transfer from one vehicle to another, and I do not think you can improve on the Tom Tom.

That's a good price for the T180. www.allapprovedcars.com have a few under £13k but are 33-45k miles.

Toyota Sat Nav - it's good, but TomTom is far better. I have GPS + TomTom maps of Europe on my mobile phone and prefer to use it (I have the Glaswegian voice to spit out directions - I've noticed that it takes the pi** by saying "go left, go left" then at the last minute says "naw, go right"!) And for the price of the updated Toyota Sat Nav maps, you could probably get a new TomTom.

And inbuilt Sat Nav cant do this....

TT.jpg

My custom cursor in my TT7.....

Hi, jonnyspin, I used to have a 4.3 T180, an absolutely crackin motor- biggest disapponment was the MPG never got above 35mpg. I personally think that you are better with a 140bhp motor (XTR-XT5-XT4) as opposed to the 180bhp of the T180 purelly for the fuel consumption. The 140bhp engines all seem to do well into the low to mid 40,s MPG.

Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links