Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Turbo Fitted To My St205

_Grant_

ive had my gt4 for two weeks now and the previous owner had a new turbo fitted, i was wondering if when giving it some the turbo gauge needle is rising up over the + sign is it wrong or does it happen to all st205's ??? also takes forever to warm up and if i let heat in to the car the gauge for temperature reads low but i still get heat out the vents any ideas??

ive had my gt4 for two weeks now and the previous owner had a new turbo fitted, i was wondering if when giving it some the turbo gauge needle is rising up over the + sign is it wrong or does it happen to all st205's ??? also takes forever to warm up and if i let heat in to the car the gauge for temperature reads low but i still get heat out the vents any ideas??

Happens with all 205's that turbo gauge is crap u shud get an aftermarket turbo gauge much more accurate. With regards to the heater and your water temperature dial i had a similar problem, the thermostat had a hole in it this could be why it isn't heating up very quickly so water is flowing straight away.

yeh the standard gauge aint that accurate, do you know if it is a bigger turbo or just a standard replacement? i would be careful just incase he has up'ed the boost, on standard internals you should not go over 1.1bar, i did this and melted a piston.

sounds like you need a new thermostat mate, as for the boost gague, it's just really an indicator to let you know you are getting boost

Thanks for the help and ideas, as far as i know its a standard turbo fitted i took the car to a mate of mine he owns his own jap shop its called kai performance in kent, one of his fitters said it could be the thermostat stuck open or missing all together, i dont know if anyone is interested but the south east modded show is coming to maidstone on the 8th of march tickets are 10 pound on the gate or 8 pound online details are on www.moddeduk.com

when you go to replace the the stat, if it's missing altogether have the engine checked for anything that might be wrong as it is usually a cheap way to stop the car overheating instead of fixing the cause

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links