Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phones.

john1944

I know this topic has little to do with Toyota; but most Toyota owners will have and use a mobile phone. I have a phone on Orange network and a very old Nokia 5110 on Vodafone, which is coming to the end of its life. However, this phone is very useful to me, because when I send a message by text, the phone displays a message saying, message pending, or message received. If you need to contact someone, it is useful to know when they have actually picked up your message.

So guys, is this facility available on most phones, or just on this particular model Nokia ??

I tend to only have Nokia phones but as far as I am aware this facility is available on all phones.

The facility you have there is a 'report' telling you when the text message has been received. Have a look through any phone manual and I feel sure you should be able to set up a report :)

I've hady many phones by different brands... Can't be 100%, because I haven't always used this option, but the ones I am certain abbot are - the D600 by Samsung, that I'm using now, the M35, A50, A55, S55 by Siemens. None of them has ever showed "Pending" though. You just turn your Delivery report on and when you send a message, whenever the message is received, you will get a message back "Delivery report: received at 14:15, 18.01.2009" or something like that.

all nokias as far as I know have the delivery report option

What I can tell you that delivery reports are not supported by all of the networks, as you know Vodafone do support it so if you are staying with them, it shouldn't matter

if you have a specific phone in mind it may state on the manufacturers website if the feature is on the phone

I have stuck with Nokia for years, now, simply because I'm lazy & the navigation continues to be much the same from model to model.

I have "Message Delivery" turned on as a permanent action. As far as I remember, after 24 hours, if your text hasn't been delivered, you get a notice "Delivery failure " or some such.

I have stuck with Nokia for years, now, simply because I'm lazy & the navigation continues to be much the same from model to model.

I have "Message Delivery" turned on as a permanent action. As far as I remember, after 24 hours, if your text hasn't been delivered, you get a notice "Delivery failure " or some such.

Thanks to you all, your answers have been more than helpful. I guess the next stage is to chat with some 'know it all' at a fone shop !!!

I missed something in your first post john, your 5110 is on Voda, which orange phone do you have?

I used to get bored with the phones I had very quickly, or get one I wasn't happy with after a week or so, so I stopped buying phones new, I just got a sim only contract and bought the phones off eBay to use

I missed something in your first post john, your 5110 is on Voda, which orange phone do you have?

I used to get bored with the phones I had very quickly, or get one I wasn't happy with after a week or so, so I stopped buying phones new, I just got a sim only contract and bought the phones off ebay to use

Hi Fry Up, My Orange is a Motorola, one of these slim line flip open things. It certainly does not have the facility to get reports as to when your texts have been received, but apart from that I quite like the unit.

Oh right, well its safe to say that if you are replacing a nokia with a nokia, the delivery reports will still work, if your 5110 is a long running contract, there'll be plenty of Nokias as free upgrade options, if its pay as u go, be wary of phone shop 'know it alls' selling u phones with features u'd never use that cost more

Oh right, well its safe to say that if you are replacing a nokia with a nokia, the delivery reports will still work, if your 5110 is a long running contract, there'll be plenty of Nokias as free upgrade options, if its pay as u go, be wary of phone shop 'know it alls' selling u phones with features u'd never use that cost more

Thanks again Fry Up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links