Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E 1.8 Key Fob Battery

Josh_

Can't remember off hand, but there is lots of threads on key fobs seems like a common problem just key it in the search button.

Can't remember off hand, but there is lots of threads on key fobs seems like a common problem just key it in the search button.

Sadly not... I did try :)

I know the reset procedure, but that's not the problem.

At the moment (and only recently) the fob will only unlock if I press 'lock' first - although it locks fine every time. I have to press the 'lock' button, then hold the 'unlock' button in for a second or two, then repeat until it starts to work.

I initially thought it was a dodgy button-contact for the unlock button, but in fact it doesn't seem like it, because once it works once, it continues working. (It's not (I hope) a dead Battery, because it was new a fortnight ago.

I suspect I have the wrong Battery type in my fob; if anyone has one of these fobs and could just open it up and read off the Battery type, would help me eliminate one possibility.

Ta,

/Josh

• 4 weeks later...

Come on, what's the point of a forum if no-one can be bothered to answer?

Someone must be able to find it in them to take a little screwdriver, open up their fob, and tell me what Battery type is inside. Pretty please?

• 1 month later...

It's a CR2032 lithium button Battery.

I just joined and I realise it's a month and a half later so you must've figured that out by now, just thought I'd post in case there's anyone else reading this who also wants to know!

Josh: Why didn't you open your fob and checked wich Battery you had in it?

I don't have this remote locking on my Carina. As I have noticed quite many has problems with their fobs, alarms and immobilisers I am very happy I don't have those things on my car.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a CR2032 lithium button battery.

I just joined and I realise it's a month and a half later so you must've figured that out by now, just thought I'd post in case there's anyone else reading this who also wants to know!

Thanks, that helps. I hadn't actually bothered doing anything except swearing at it so far, so now I might change the Battery :)

BalikBayan> I suspect my fob has a same-size, different-rating Battery in it from a previous owner. Wanted to check.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links