Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Reception Issue

Nightstalker

Lo you fine Ravvers!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Just a quick one... and perhaps Duncs might be able to answer this one - if he has the same issue....

Being a bit on the sad side I quite like Capital FM radio and in my Avensis and my Fraud Cougar I could pick it up ok, however with me Rav I'm havving issues... :angry:

Any advice (serious advice that is) on what can be done to get a better reception ?

Regards

Rob

B)

Switch to BBC Radio 4. Even if you don't get good reception, you won't notice!

Another entry in the bothy almanac of how to solve things in a way that nobody else would think of doing it is born! :P

Rob

You can alter the sensitivity of the tuner but you'll have to look in the book. I hardly ever use my radio so can't help without a read but fairly sure you can do it.

Just a quick one... and perhaps Duncs might be able to answer this one - if he has the same issue....

Same problem here, you need to be near junction 10 of the M4 to get any reception! Just listen to 2-Ten FM... :lol:

Same problem here, you need to be near junction 10 of the M4 to get any reception! Just listen to 2-Ten FM... :lol:

2-Ten used to be good ...... about 7 years ago... :lol:

Even with them though I still get frikkin shoddy reception at times, Think I'll take the advise of the North of the border Guru and switch to BBC 4 - Hopefully I wont fall asleep listening to it and cause some damage... :lol:

I'll take a look in the book about the radio and see if there are any settings one can fiddle with to see if I can improve reception, what about amps for the aerial... is it worth checking into those?

Regards

Rob

B)

the reception on the rav 4 is not very good. also the position of antenna it self all on the back of the car makes it like a beam. so this makes it why you will find that the direction of vehicle travels will create different results. the antenna is a short stick with a amplifier in it to boost the signal. if you exchange the standard head unit with a after market one make sure the amplifier of the antenna is being feed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links