Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T 180 Run Flats Abroad

Miked

Avid readers will know of my ongoing fears about driving abroad and having a puncture. The T 180 is a great motorway cruiser. Put it in 6th gear, cruise control and you hardly ever have to change gear. It's always been the fear that it could take the best part of one's holiday to try and find a dealer with the tyres/equipment/fitter. We all know the probelms in the UK. What chance of Jonny foreigner having all that is needed within the 50 klms/miles that you can use the run flat for?

I have now been supplied with a list of dealerships that I am advised have the tyres, equipment etc to deal with a puncture/tyre replacement in various countries. It was supplied by Bridgestone and double checked by Toyota GB.

I hope this helps.

Should cut down the time to get back on the road. Hope I never have to find out before my car is replaced in October.

Miked

Try Now - I do have some for the more Eastern Block if required.

Belgium_Dealers.pdf

Finland_Dealers.pdf

france_dealers.pdf

Greece_Dealers.pdf

Holland_Dealers.pdf

Ireland_Dealers.pdf

Norway_dealers.pdf

Spain_Dealers.pdf

Switzerland_Dealers.pdf

Miked

I think that may be the wrong attachment. I voiced this concern in my last post "bottled out of buying rav 4" How long have you had your T180? In your view , is the rest of the driving experience worth the stress and potential hassle of the runflats? My 330d BMW has over 200 bhp and I dont drive fast but like the effortless drive the torque provides. I don't really want to downgrade as I want a car that i will enjoy

Miked

I think that may be the wrong attachment. I voiced this concern in my last post "bottled out of buying rav 4" How long have you had your T180? In your view , is the rest of the driving experience worth the stress and potential hassle of the runflats? My 330d BMW has over 200 bhp and I dont drive fast but like the effortless drive the torque provides. I don't really want to downgrade as I want a car that i will enjoy

I bought my car in March 2007 and after several initial problems - all dealt with by Beadles of Maidstone ( I did not buy the car from them ) very efficiently I have to say that I found the car ideal for my requirements. I trip to Spain twice a year with a 2000 mile round trip. and have been 4 times so far. The car has run very well and as I said is a great motorway cruiser. I did not really discover the Run Flat problems until I had a puncture last year and this has soured my feelings towards Toyota GB who appear to not give a toss! I have had all of the previous Rav models as well as an MR2.

Fit conventional tyres to the car and I would say buy one tomorrow. With the run flats, I would love to get rid of it tomorrow. It's a shame because the T 180 engine is well suited to the original idea of the car, i.e. a more powerful upspeced model. Why they just did not hold up their hands and replace the tyres is anyones guess, but I am sure sales would have been much higher and I am sure Bridgestone could have done without the hassle.

You could say that as I have driven for almost 2 years with one puncture there is not too much to be concerned with but the problems of supply and dealers service departments not being open on Sundays does mean that the car could be off the road for days. Tyres not being covered by the Warranty means no automatic supply of a courtesy car.

I should point out that I unscrewed a half inch obect from the front tyre on Sunday and luckily it had not gone through or it could have been upwards of £350 for a new tyre and steel band if damaged taking the car to the garage. The God of Toyota must have been smiling on me!

At least with the current BMW run flats you can get a new tyre fitted by almost any garage.

My next car will be another Audi. I had a TT Roadster before the Rav and will probably be buying the new A3 Convertible in October

Miked

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links