Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remove Heated Mirror Glass

mccroz

Have just bought a 3 door rav 4.1 - What a great little car - Really good fun to drive. Does anyone know the trick to levering the side mirror glass out ? Mine are heated but pass. side not working. feels like it would be easy to break it or the plastic clips inside, esp in this cold weather. Is there a side to lever off first ?

All advice most welcome.

Thanks ancorman for your info on front drive shafts - I will look into some second hand ones to experiment with.

PS I pass the Mannor Inn most days !

Martin

Have just bought a 3 door rav 4.1 - What a great little car - Really good fun to drive. Does anyone know the trick to levering the side mirror glass out ? Mine are heated but pass. side not working. feels like it would be easy to break it or the plastic clips inside, esp in this cold weather. Is there a side to lever off first ?

All advice most welcome.

Thanks ancorman for your info on front drive shafts - I will look into some second hand ones to experiment with.

PS I pass the Mannor Inn most days !

Martin

ask mrbilly - he has them fitted

On the newer ones you use a flat lever to prize the mirror off plastic claws. If you tilt the mirror as far as it will one way you can sometimes see behind to look at what you are dealing with. It will help with plastic clips to warm them with a hair dryer as they will otherwise be quite brittle in this cold weather.

Good luck.

to remove the mirrors you move the mirror position so its looking skywards then grasp the mirror (the glass part not the whole unit sticking to the side of the door) at the bottom fingers behind the mirror and pull towards. this will release 2 clips holding the bottom then just pull downwards. if you need a photo of the back of a mirror i can produce one tommoz. cold weather may weaken the plastic but also does the age. so if 1 tab breaks it will still hold fine. also il point out that some heated mirrors also have a paste behind them so it might just need some gentle but firm pressue when removing.

good luck and let us know the results

• 2 years later...

Hi all

On topic, but appreciate its an old post.

My mirror got hit by "White van Greek man" (we live in Greek islands)

Glass smashed, mirror assy/body intact, but elec remote left & right operation not working but up & down is ok.

Anyone have any ideas, should I save the expense of buying new glass if the motor has had it or take a chance.

Up & down & sideways was fine before friendly Greek man hit the mirror

Paxos Stu

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links