Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had An Hour To Spend At The Toyota Dealer

St Thicket

Yesterday, my Corolla were at the garage, and while waiting, I took the stairs up to the dealer. Did the whole tour around the floor, looking at all models... and yes, they had the new Avensis :yes: and it was sweet! Didn't drive it though, but had a full inside look, and the feel and quality was superb. I've had the previous 2004 model with the 1.6 petrol (which was a terrible engine). Anyway, the new one is on my wish list B)

I also had a look at the Rav4.3 for the first time in my life, incredibly enough... not proud of it. To my big surprise, I wasn't impressed by it :huh: I got seated in the drivers seat, and felt my knees hitting the dashboard. Tried to pull the seat back, but suddenly the seat stopped. It didn't go further back! What? Is this car built for pygmies needing a big car to compensate for the lack of height? I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but I was really disappointed. Anyway, the car was really nice, and I liked the feature with the folding of the rear seat, but the front seat ruined the whole experience for me...

Sorry you could not get comfortable in the 4.3.

For what it's worth, I'm 1.90m tall and I have no problems, I don't even think my seat is fully pushed back, in fact I'm sure it isn't.

But personel comfort is personel :lol:

Aye! I agree with Fujisan.

After all the slandering of my own car (model) I have done, I think I will rise to the defence of it this time! :)

As a further example, I am 1.95m (about 6'5") and just under 120kg. The specific reason why I went for a RAV was [my/its] size. And I find it to be big enough. One of the things I did notice though is that I need to "pump" the seat right down first. As for the driving style - In my last car I was "reclined" way more than I liked/ noone could sit behind me and I found that semi-lying down position quite uncomfortable.

In the interest of presenting a balanced view... I don't really find the seats on a 4.3 that comfy, though. They seem to stop just a couple of inches short of where they need to (just under my shoulderblades)... but it is not that bad. Just not perfect.

I drove a 4.2 on a test drive once. Found it spacious enough too. Never had the pleasure to sit in a 4.1.

On a bit more controversial note, I drove an 06 Avensis while my RAV was being looked at the other day. Absolutely hated it. I could not find one redeeming feature (and I tried hard). Sorry.

As a further example, I am 1.95m (about 6'5") and just under 120kg. The specific reason why I went for a RAV was [my/its] size. .....................................

I drove a 4.2 on a test drive once. Found it spacious enough too. Never had the pleasure to sit in a 4.1.

On a bit more controversial note, I drove an 06 Avensis while my RAV was being looked at the other day. Absolutely hated it. I could not find one redeeming feature (and I tried hard). Sorry.

I can beat you on weight (134kg) but 3" shorter.......

My 4.1 has new seats in which I manage to wedge into (so to speak) - and still have space above my head. However, the seat frame needs altered to lower it a bit.....job for the future....!

Pity. I found the 04 avensis to be very comfortable, and at least spacious. Well, as fujisan says, comfort is a personal thing...

Regarding the Rav... I'm 180 and 77kg, so I'm not a big guy... but I prefer to have my legs straight and the back in an angle close to 90 degrees, so that's what the Rav couldn't provide. In my Rav4.2 and my Corolla, I drive with the seat as far back as it allows. It's then just perfect.

Bothy: I can beat you on weight (134kg)

I thought that with Scotland winning the best fish and chip shop award, and with the mutton pie at hand.........you could do far better than 134Kg :eat:

You must try harder B_B :D: :D: :D:

My OH is 190cms (6'3") and he loves the driving position of my Rav. This is despite the fact that he owns a Mercedes E-class and his usual driving position is with legs straight and seated partially reclined. He finds there is plenty of head room and getting in and out of the "proper 3-door" (for you Bothy!) is easy.

I think the seat needs to go down like abraxas.

As you lower the seat it goes quite a bit further back and then your knees should also clear the facia.

i would not want to have an accident with my seat secured to those rusty rails :unsure:

The comment on the weld seems fair - as the seatbelt is partly anchored to the seat itself on this version of the RAV. On mine, I anchored the harnesses to the reinforced mountings on the floor. However, as I said, I'm planning on lowering the Cobra seats and strengthening the seat mounting frame and still have a rollover cage planned/intended which will allow even sturdier harness mountings. Having pulled a RAV front seat apart, I'd be more concerned about the strength of the seat framing than what its mounted on.

Bothy: I can beat you on weight (134kg)

I thought that with Scotland winning the best fish and chip shop award, and with the mutton pie at hand.........you could do far better than 134Kg :eat:

You must try harder B_B :D: :D: :D:

What! You never mentioned the deep-fried-battered Mars Bar :lol: :lol:

Am thinking of getting my jaws wired so I have to stick to a liquid diet.......whisky and a Guinness chaser (for the fibre of course)

salthepal - number 2 RAV has the original seats retained just now and its easy, as you say, to get in and out. Number 1 requires a technique developed by me to get in. Getting out technique has not been perfected yet, hence the plan to lower the seat........I type this from my laptop whilst sitting/living in the car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links