Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrading A Tsports Brakes.

ricc

Ok, heres the q, forget buying uprated discs and pads, what id like to know is.....

are there any direct fitment brake options from other toyota models that will give me a larger brake disc/caliper combination.

my previous car was a rover 200 and the brakes on that were taken from an MG ZS 180 which were a direct bolt on replacement. this greatly increased stopping power taking the caliper/carrier/disc from a 242mm set up to a nicely sized 282mm setup (not massive but deffinetely improved as the pads used were effectively 1.7 times the surface area of hte original spec, coupled with hte larger more powerful piston on the caliper)

I've always thought the brakes on the Tsport are undersized for the job as im sure many others do. so, anything from say a supra/mr2? (or even from a different manufacturer) that can be bolted directly on to give us a larger setup wihout the hideous costs of big brake conversions!

in a word nope. you could get some TRD/AP Racing/Brembo ones but you'll belooking at 1k minimum.

The problem wiht the corolla is it uses 4 stud wheels. all the other ones in the toyota range are 5 stud.

though as much, if we temporarily ignored the disc issues what caliper/carrier set ups would be a direct fitment without adaptors being required?

If u call up Silverstone performance i think they sell bigger discs for our car, i remember calling up about 6 months ago and Matt FROM SP saying they sell bigger discs, but i remember they came with an expensive price ;)

the corolla isn't actually that heavy so unless you cane it like me, you probably don't need bigger brakes.

I can certainly recommend EBC pads, i haven't found a disc manufacturer i can whole heartedly recommend that isn't a solid disc. Tried 3G and Black Diamond, both have their merits but personally when mine get shot i'm going to solid discs with ebc pads.

the corolla isn't actually that heavy so unless you cane it like me, you probably don't need bigger brakes.

I can certainly recommend EBC pads, i haven't found a disc manufacturer i can whole heartedly recommend that isn't a solid disc. Tried 3G and Black Diamond, both have their merits but personally when mine get shot i'm going to solid discs with ebc pads.

Have you tried EBC's grooved and dimpled discs? I've got some on order from Brakes4u.co.uk, when I checked last year for discs they never did any for the TSport that are dimpled and grooved. I imagine because they are not drilled through there should not be such an issue with cracking. I'll let you know how I get on with them, I got fronts with redstuff pads for £179 delivered using a promo code. Let me knwo if you want it.

Dan

due to bad past experiences i refuse to use ebc disks or green stuff pads. the red stuff however is ok :)

Please, do care to elaborate.

Rotora and stoptech made bigger brake system for our car,but very exspenseve.I could buy Brembo 4calipers brake from evo 8 and on of my friend will put on my car with 330mm disc.The car can run only on 17 wheels,but that can be very impressive.

http://www.raceshopper.com/brake_rotors/st....855.4300.shtml

http://www.optionimports.com/83-855-4300-415.html

st205 (last of the GT4 Celicas), some minor mods are required to make it fit as well as the brake disc.

IIRC, the disc that you use will need to be machined down to around 300mm. Or you can scour through the brake disc catalogue and you should be able to find one that fits no problem.

Go to www.newcelica.org and do search for bigger brakes

due to bad past experiences i refuse to use ebc disks or green stuff pads. the red stuff however is ok :)

Please, do care to elaborate.

ebc discs - wear fast, fail to deliver on heat dissipation and suffer horrendously from warping.

ebc green stuff pads - hiddeous amounts of dust, short life span, and again poor performance, massive brake fade.

st205 (last of the GT4 Celicas), some minor mods are required to make it fit as well as the brake disc.

IIRC, the disc that you use will need to be machined down to around 300mm. Or you can scour through the brake disc catalogue and you should be able to find one that fits no problem.

Go to www.newcelica.org and do search for bigger brakes

thats more like it! let the search commence :D

and thanks to everyone else. even if you did recommend off the shelf 'big brake conversions' which i didnt want :D haha

no seriously, its all good. lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links