Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Snow Anyone?

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

Did anyone drive in the snow we had in London last night? How was the Auris in the snow with the standard tyres and how did it handle hills?

My gf's Audi didn't make it home, we had to abandon it and walk the last 5 miles home... :unsure:

It was unreal seeing how many cars (mainly rear drive Germans) couldn't cope with the snow, also the smugness of people with 4x4s! <_<

Hi all,

Did anyone drive in the snow we had in London last night? How was the Auris in the snow with the standard tyres and how did it handle hills?

My gf's Audi didn't make it home, we had to abandon it and walk the last 5 miles home... :unsure:

It was unreal seeing how many cars (mainly rear drive Germans) couldn't cope with the snow, also the smugness of people with 4x4s! <_<

Don't know about the London snow, but it was like a beast on the Plovdiv one ;)! I didn't drive it w/ the standard tyres though - as soon as I got it out the dealership, I fitted 4 brand new budget winter tyres by the unknown (at least for me) brand "America". Everyone else was kreeping, while I was running at regular speeds and cornering like a champ. Handling is really awesome!!

My SR180 with just the standard set up did ok in the snow this monring, a few others were struggling though.

I think im qualified to answer this question :)

My Auris runs quite good in snow. The anti-spin functions kick in quite good and the VSC does the job.

I have MMT and you have to use the manual up hills because the MMT could change gears in the wrong moment.

I have Continental ContiContact 3 , guessing dim. 205/60

My fathers Mercedes is just crap on winter roads.

My Auris runs quite good in snow. The anti-spin functions kick in quite good and the VSC does the job.

I have MMT and you have to use the manual up hills because the MMT could change gears in the wrong moment.

Hmmm also your country does not grind to a halt in snow...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

First sign of the white stuff and everyone crashes and all transport stops :huh: :huh: ............ O Well............... :) :)

Hmmm also your country does not grind to a halt in snow...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

First sign of the white stuff and everyone crashes and all transport stops :huh: :huh: ............ O Well............... :) :)

Snow intermittant in our area. a flurry of snow, then sun, then sleet, etc.,

My car stays in its garage until all gone, unless wife wants to go shopping.

I crashed last night :( but it was a minor one thank god. Now half my bumper is sticking out on the driver side! Cant push it back in either.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to replace it? Cant take it anywhere to get it fixed nothing seems to be open today.

I crashed last night :( but it was a minor one thank god. Now half my bumper is sticking out on the driver side! Cant push it back in either.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to replace it? Cant take it anywhere to get it fixed nothing seems to be open today.

You guys in the scandanavian countries dont count! :P I have never seen snow like this and it seems the UK does not deal with snow well especially in this amount.

Well glad that you guys mostly are unscathed, A.CHAN sorry to hear about yours. What happened?

My gf is dead worried about her car and wants to go back to it, but we simply cant. We are prisoners in our own home. :mellow:

Well in Poland there is much snow right now - and auris drive perfectly. Turning with handrbrake is very simple :)

I guess you all have winter tyres in Poland. Driving on summer tyres can be a challenge- you never know where are you going to stop :D Tomorrow I am working from home...not driving in the morning again B)

A.CHAN sorry to hear about yours. What happened?

Driving really slow and got lost and ended up in a dead end street went to brake nothing happened saw a bush thought it was safer to crash into that then a car, but didnt see the mini wall hidden in the bush. And now my bumper is stickin out on the side with the bottom bit draggin along the floor. No garages are open so no idea what kinda damage has been done.

....It was unreal seeing how many cars (mainly rear drive Germans) couldn't cope with the snow, also the smugness of people with 4x4s! <_<

I would never be smug but my LC did not falter at all :lol: ;) :rolleyes:

....My gf is dead worried about her car and wants to go back to it, but we simply cant. We are prisoners in our own home. :mellow:

Where in London are you? If you are within 30 minutes drive of me here I would be happy to help :yes:

....It was unreal seeing how many cars (mainly rear drive Germans) couldn't cope with the snow, also the smugness of people with 4x4s! <_<

I would never be smug but my LC did not falter at all :lol: ;) :rolleyes:

....My gf is dead worried about her car and wants to go back to it, but we simply cant. We are prisoners in our own home. :mellow:

Where in London are you? If you are within 30 minutes drive of me here I would be happy to help :yes:

Phoenix999

Many thanks for the offer, but we have managed to get the Audi (A3) back. it took almost an hour to do 1/2 mile mind you and involved no less than 5 VERY kind pedestrians pushing us up the hill. :thumbsup:

We are in Croydon so we would have been too far away anyway, but cheers for the thought.

I saw MANY RAV4s (amongst Merc M class and X3/5s) around just trutting around as if nothing was wrong, got to say those 4x4 is a world apart in these conditions. Amazing what chunky tyres and 2 extra wheel power can do. :thumbsup:

In times like these people seem to be kinder to each other as well, its all good. :)

A.CHAN

My sympathy. How fast were you going? i was involved in a knock last March and found the Auris to be a solid little thing, so i dont think the damage should be that severe. You bumper might just need to be resprayed and refixed.

After this little experience i might just have to seriously consider fitting all round tyres rather than summer only ones, the feeling of helplessness was horrible. :eek:

Greetings from Croydon and the snowman who looks after my Auris. :lol:

post-21237-1233603146_thumb.jpg

We had quite a bit of snow here in the midlands

My t180 did a good job. I know the VSC works well now :)

I had no real drama on my 40min drive home so i decided to turn sharply on a roundabout on my quiet estate, did the same turning into my road but with a bit more agression. Car would have spun sideways if it wasn't for VSC which quite promptly corrected my bad behaviour.

Still, if you are wreckless your in trouble, VSC isn't magic.

Still, would have been better in the rav4 but that is the mrs for the baby and shopping :D

Also i had an idea whilst standing in a queue waiting to pay for my fuel.

I glanced out of the window and thought, my car looks nice. The was a perfect covering of snow between the lines on the nose cone which extended onto the bonnet. So effectively it looks black and white. Made it look like the TRD car a bit.

http://trdparts.jp/english/image07/06-aero_auris.png

Hi all,

That is so true. Was coming home froma wedding last night at like 1am from a hotel next to london bridge, in a merc s-class (58 plate), and boy it was struggling!! it took lyk an hour to get home, in wimbledon. What made it worse was that the car park of the hotel was an underground car park, and they didnt put salt or anything on the ramps ect, and we couldnt get up. Because its a rear wheel drive the wheels just kept spinning, regardless of what tyres you have (merc has Bridgestone 1s), power from the back in snow, not good.

However, my auris has Continental contact sport 3 tyres, 225/40/18. Havnt got round to driving it in the snow, becuase it is literally burried in snow, and im not in the favour of taking a risk after last nights adventure to go out in this snow. Snow here is about 6inches. crazy. If my car wasnt in the drive mayb I would take it for a drive, but its buried in my drive so taking it out is a mission.

Hi all,

That is so true. Was coming home froma wedding last night at like 1am from a hotel next to london bridge, in a merc s-class (58 plate), and boy it was struggling!! it took lyk an hour to get home, in wimbledon. What made it worse was that the car park of the hotel was an underground car park, and they didnt put salt or anything on the ramps ect, and we couldnt get up. Because its a rear wheel drive the wheels just kept spinning, regardless of what tyres you have (merc has Bridgestone 1s), power from the back in snow, not good.

However, my auris has Continental contact sport 3 tyres, 225/40/18. Havnt got round to driving it in the snow, becuase it is literally burried in snow, and im not in the favour of taking a risk after last nights adventure to go out in this snow. Snow here is about 6inches. crazy. If my car wasnt in the drive mayb I would take it for a drive, but its buried in my drive so taking it out is a mission.

Hi - Here yesterday - all gone today.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links