Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving My Rav In The Snow

cruella

Fortunately I didn't have to go into work today, so didn't have to subject my lovely Rav to the risks of the demon drivers of Southwark :eek:

I understand (barely) that it is a constant 4wd, so I am assuming that if I drive slowly and use my gears to slow the car down, I should be ok? Are there any buttons to push or switches that I should be flicking? Ant tips to get me home safe?

Ta :hug:

Fortunately I didn't have to go into work today, so didn't have to subject my lovely Rav to the risks of the demon drivers of Southwark :eek:

I understand (barely) that it is a constant 4wd, so I am assuming that if I drive slowly and use my gears to slow the car down, I should be ok? Are there any buttons to push or switches that I should be flicking? Ant tips to get me home safe?

Ta :hug:

No switches buttons to press it does it all itself Crue :yes: The only advice, as in any other car in the ice + snow do evthing gently no harsh acceleration, no heavy breaking, If you want to know how good your Rav is, get him indoors to take you out in the snow in his cab, they are really bad :eek:

Does your new Rav have a name yet? Go and find an empty car park + have some fun in the snow, it won't be here for ever. :thumbsup:

Not really - just remember you can't defy the laws of physics so don't corner too fast and give yourself enough room to stop. If you get out on a quiet road or empty car park, fill yer boots gal.

No buttons to push, everything that needs to be engaged is engaged!

Well I got here in one piece and without any dramas, warm and toastie! :D

There are some incredibly bad drivers out there though :ffs:

My Rav hasn't got a name yet, thought I do say hello to it every morning when I get in :thumbsup:

All my other cars are masculine, but I'm not sure about this one... :blushing:

I think mine is a female trapped in the body of a male that has feminine tendancies but a gruff voice. I quite like your signature cru' :D

Well with all these tales of snow driving..............

I went to the dentist today "the infection won't go so its got to come out". The only place to park is on a steep cul-de-sac. I was the only one on it and thought as I walked back to the car that maybe I'd been a bit silly. It set off as if the road was clear with not even the slightest hint of a slip. For most of the year I drive what could be considered a white elephant but I felt quite smug today when I drove up that hill.

I drive what could be considered a white elephant but I felt quite smug today when I drove up that hill.

Well, Anchorman, only if it's covered in snow - otherwise you mean "red elephant" :lol:

I drive what could be considered a white elephant but I felt quite smug today when I drove up that hill.

Well, Anchorman, only if it's covered in snow - otherwise you mean "red elephant" :lol:

Absolutely!

With the mileage we do and the fact there is only usually me and anchorwoman I have often felt guilty about spending 24k (of which half is already gone) when we had a perfectly good Corolla that satisfied most of our needs. However, I do enjoy driving it and it is really nice to trundle off to Ireland or Germany and besides, if you are sitting on a million pounds and never spend it you are essentially poor. I might croak tomorrow so live for today!!!

How are things over there on the white (emerald) isle?

Airport clear?

How much do you have to invest in snow clearing equipment for very infrequent occasions? I suppose you don't get many fires but still have to have a fully equipped fire station.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links