Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amethyst ?

dash

About to order an IQ after a look-see and a test drive.

Full spec details here .... IQ brochure

Configurator here .... Configurator where you can compare the colours and the iQ with iQ2

Cabin noise is significantly lower than in our Aygo and there is a definite feel of quality.

No exposed internal metal surfaces as in the Aygo.

The driving position is higher than the Aygo and seating seems very comfortable. Turning circle is amazing!!

Gear change nice and direct (again, in comparison with the relatively sloppy movement in our Aygo).

No spare wheel, just a can of foam with which to temporarily reinflate a punctured tyre.

There is a shortage of storage space for oddments, and the 'glove pocket' will have to be ordered as an extra after delivery of the first few hundred IQ's.

The IQ base model does not have climate control, it has 3 circular heating controls vertically aligned as in the Yaris (one of them incorporates an aircon button).

Not sure whether to select amethyst (found a couple of pics after hunting high and low on the web - see post #5).

Has anyone been given a delivery time for amethyst? I've a feeling the wait might take us into June...

Looking forward to seeing feedback from the first lucky owners.

All for now...

Dave ;)

Well i have to say I didnt even ask about Amethyst when I ordered but I know the White Pearlescent is 2-3 weeks (Well it was on the Friday just gone). Why would it take so much longer for Amethyst? Sorry Im a bit of a noob haha

Id love to see a 'real life' Amethyst one as you cant tell what its gonna look like on one of those little tiny circles they have!

I've not been able to find anything apart from pics of the White and Black ones and while the configurator allows you to choose Amathyst we all know how crap the colours look on there and you can't get a good feel for how it will look in daylight

Why would it take so much longer for Amethyst? Sorry Im a bit of a noob haha

I don't think the factory has started production of amethyst coloured IQs yet... best guess !!

Dave

I've not been able to find anything apart from pics of the White and Black ones and while the configurator allows you to choose Amethyst we all know how crap the colours look on there and you can't get a good feel for how it will look in daylight

Amethyst IQ - pic taken in daylight

At least I think it's amethyst !!

Dave

What badge is that on the front? Is this image some sort of prototype vehicle?

I noticed that too. Maybe iQ sells under a different brand in Japan (I think the photo was taken in Japan).

Dave

Nope - still reckon that the Silver or Red that are available on the continent would look better

I love the look of the white one, makes the car look cool and chunky.

Someone said that from the front it looks like a stormtroopers helmet! i agree.

Saw a few amethyst IQ's at my new model training course. I think it looks really good - you cant really make out the colour from pics though.

If i were to have an IQ the colour preference order would be amethyst/white then black.

The 'blade' emblem from the front of the IQ posted above is a Jap Badge.

Mart.

There is no ETA for amethyst in the UK, it wont be this quarter and it may not even come till later in the year

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Dave,

What badge is that on the front? Is this image some sort of prototype vehicle?

Thanks, Paul

its the Badge that most modern toyotas seam to wear on the front i have a load of jap brochures on the gen2 yaris when it came out and the mk3 rav botth sport ths logo on the front

Saw a few amethyst IQ's at my new model training course. I think it looks really good - you cant really make out the colour from pics though.

If i were to have an IQ the colour preference order would be amethyst/white then black.

The 'blade' emblem from the front of the IQ posted above is a Jap badge.

Mart.

I alread found that amethist is either more popular in the UK or that there were less pre-delivered by Toyota. Here in the Netherlands deliveryfor the white is april, black and amethist just 2-3 weeks (my amethist is due 28/2). I think the amethist colour on the picture is quite realistic.

And, no red one's on thos part of the continent, just a different name 'comfort' for the standard iQ and 'aspiration' for the iQ2. ANd we don't have the configurator on the DUtch Toyota-site. We do have at least 2 Vicky Butler-Henderson commercials (1 featuring the iQ and the other with the Avensis - taking on a Dutch entrepeneur in his personal helicopter) www.toyota.nl

We do have at least 2 Vicky Butler-Henderson commercials (1 featuring the iQ and the other with the Avensis - taking on a Dutch entrepeneur in his personal helicopter) www.toyota.nl

Fun video !! Thanks k317

Here is the link... Vicki Butler-Henderson video

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links