Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Purple People Eater

no_data

Hi all,

Just ordered my amethyst iQ2 today. Took a test drive & although was already partly in love, head over heels now. I am a Mini mad bird (original only) who has owned 7 but kept praying someone would bring out a small car that was as exciting & Toyota have done it. Small, squat, cute, great turning circle, bangs over bumps and no room for my shopping :lol: perfect & even same price as my last Cooper Sports!

Can anyone recommend insurance company? I am 41, full no claims only quote I got was £185 which seemed a tad more than I hoped.

Anyway dealer said could be as little as 2-3 wks for her so everything crossed.

Nice to cyber meet you all !

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend insurance company? I am 41, full no claims only quote I got was £185 which seemed a tad more than I hoped.

Anyway dealer said could be as little as 2-3 wks for her so everything crossed.

Nice to cyber meet you all !

Hi and welcome...

Direct Line have quoted me £132 with £125 excess (I'm a little older than you and have full no claims discount).

I'd double check delivery on the amethyst; have been advised that this colour not available for a couple of months.

Have a look at the Amethyst thread (post #11). Parts King has good insider knowledge...

Dave

Direct Line have given me very good service and a good price too.

About £110 with protected full NCB but with an excess of £400 (dont know where that came from, just noticed it but will be calling to change to my ego trip plate soon, so I will get the excess reduced then. Shouldn't put the basic premium up too much)

I'm older than both of you obviously!

John

Direct Line have given me very good service and a good price too.

About £110 with protected full NCB but with an excess of £400 (dont know where that came from, just noticed it but will be calling to change to my ego trip plate soon, so I will get the excess reduced then. Shouldn't put the basic premium up too much)

I'm older than both of you, obviously! (I bought my first Mini in 1965 and converted it into a Mini-Marcos kit car in 1969 when the body rusted away, then kept it for another 5 years.Frugal and fun motoring!)

John

Cheers Aygo, mine was swift cover too so maybe I can get it down somewhere to about £150.

Hi All!

Since my country is lacking a (active) Toyota os iQ forum, I landed here.

Ordered my iQ last friday, should be ready in albout two weeks (aspiration Deep Amethist).

The white one's are quite popular here, they won't be delivered until april (anywhere between the 1st and the 30th)

I liked white to, but I definetely want a car that's different, so I chose purple (bordeaux red, the dealer called is)

Now I'm still a Smart-driver. Great car (I don't feel the iQ has that much power more), but it's lacking seatingspace for two kids...... The iQ has just that little extra feature. And a lot of 'smart'stuff, since it's a brand new design.

Hope I didn't make to many mistakes in my English,

greetings form across the NorthSea.

Karin

Hi All!

Ordered my iQ last friday, should be ready in albout two weeks (aspiration Deep Amethist).

The white one's are quite popular here, they won't be delivered until april (anywhere between the 1st and the 30th)

I liked white to, but I definetely want a car that's different, so I chose purple (bordeaux red, the dealer called is)

Now I'm still a Smart-driver. Great car (I don't feel the iQ has that much power more), but it's lacking seatingspace for two kids...... The iQ has just that little extra feature. And a lot of 'smart'stuff, since it's a brand new design.

Karin

Hi All!

Karin

Hi Karin,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your written English, excellent!

(Sorry about the previous post that had nothing in it...pressed the wrong button)

It will be interesting to find out what differences there are in the UK imports and the Dutch ones.In my manual it seems that some countries are getting cars equiped with first aid kits, warning triangles and high visibility jackets as standard, although it will be reflected in the price of course.

Hope you get yours when promised, it is hard to get the "amything one" (can't spell it!) here apparently..bigger delay than for the white or black.

greetings from Scotland

John

Amethyst are not a problem here in UK as saw one going out on Saturday at another of my local dealers. Looked stunning. So glad I was brave & chose just from a picture.

As far as I've heard, most Dutch dealers have the Amethyst one for the testdrives, and often a white one in the showroom (although at my dealer the white one was already sold, strange to see a big empty display). I guess 'we' know what black looks like, so that's easy to buy from a picture. Since purple is either 'love it' or 'hate it' I understand that they have that one on display. Not many will have the courage to buy it just from a picture.

I'd double check delivery on the amethyst; have been advised that this colour not available for a couple of months.

Have a look at the Amethyst thread (post #11). Parts King has good insider knowledge...

Dave

ORIGINAL AMETHYST THREAD

Despite me checking with two sales guys, who both said Amethyst was not available until at least Quarter two but more likely to be later, it appears they were both wrong ish!. I have just checked (for myself :rolleyes: ) and they are being produced at the factory as we speak. The ETA I have just got off the system is 6-7 weeks which does take us into quarter two, obviously I couldn't check every single spec, but if you ordered one today, I would expect to see the same sort of result, depending on spec chosen. The metallic paint options are still FREE until 1st March. Hope this helps

Kingo :thumbsup:

In the Netherlands the first 500 iQ's sold got the metallic or the special white for free. When I informed thursday there were about 450 sold. On friday when I signed the contract, there were still under 500 sold, got my metallic for free.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links