Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car Wont Unlock!

iceland_potter

Hi all,

My gf had trouble locking the car earlier, she pressed the lock button on two different keys for the car, and it wouldnt lock. She then opened and closed the passenger door and it locked ok.

Then when I got home I tried to unlock it (tried 2 keys) and putting the keys close to the bonnet, boot etc but no joy. Wouldnt unlock at all. I must have tried 50 times and it didn't unlock.

Then I went out in my other car for about 20 mins, came back and tried it again and it unlocked first time.

Has anyone got any idea what was going on please?

Probably no help, but I'd say change the batteries in the remotes first.

I've experienced problems in the past with illegal radio transmission too which stops peoples remotes working. There used to be something like that around by where my mom lives, nobody could wirelessley lock or unlock their cars on most of the estate. Then after a month or two it just stopped and everyones cars were fine again.

oh right, thats interesting I never thought of a CB radio etc interfereing. My mrs' dad's CB used to cut off next door's sky when he pressed to talk lol.

My car's worked since, without problems. I wonder whether it was something like that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links