Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't Wait....but Might Have To

Arshavin

Hi Guys

Well today was the day I was promised a delivery date, despite having been given my number plate license number 10 days ago (a little strange I thought) but today I have been told there is a problem with the leather supply for the iQ seats and that I would have to wait another 2 or 3 days until I find out when I should get the car, however my dealership said that if I wanted maybe black leather (which I don't) then possibly they could get that fitted at another source.

I called Toyota customer services and was told that it is very unusual to have been given a license plate number unless the car is at the dealership... so I am thinking that my car has arrived without the leather seats and I have not been told the truth........is that possible from a car salesman!!!!!

Will I ever know the truth???

arshavin

Hi Guys

Well today was the day I was promised a delivery date, despite having been given my number plate license number 10 days ago (a little strange I thought) but today I have been told there is a problem with the leather supply for the iQ seats and that I would have to wait another 2 or 3 days until I find out when I should get the car, however my dealership said that if I wanted maybe black leather (which I don't) then possibly they could get that fitted at another source.

I called Toyota customer services and was told that it is very unusual to have been given a license plate number unless the car is at the dealership... so I am thinking that my car has arrived without the leather seats and I have not been told the truth........is that possible from a car salesman!!!!!

Will I ever know the truth???

arshavin

I think most of us were told the license plate number before the garages took receipt....I did anyway!

Black leather wouldn't look good on the IQ, it would mismatch every other interior colour pretty much!!

Arshavin: I called Toyota customer services and was told that it is very unusual to have been given a license plate number unless the car is at the dealership...

I'm not trying to be funny here, but what would customer services know about how the sales process goes together? The fact is, as soon as the car has been allocated to you on a signed customer order, a Registration number gets allocated to you so you can arrange for insurance etc. It doesnt mean the car is registered, it is just an allocated Reg number, which has nothing to do with when your car is delivered either (although it should be quite soon after)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Arshavin: I called Toyota customer services and was told that it is very unusual to have been given a license plate number unless the car is at the dealership...

I'm not trying to be funny here, but what would customer services know about how the sales process goes together? The fact is, as soon as the car has been allocated to you on a signed customer order, a Registration number gets allocated to you so you can arrange for insurance etc. It doesnt mean the car is registered, it is just an allocated Reg number, which has nothing to do with when your car is delivered either (although it should be quite soon after)

Update..well I am told that the 'shortage of leather' story is true, and my iQ which was meant to be delivered at first on 29th March, then 27th then 18th March will now be delivered on May (yes May) 5th......

very unhappy

not sure what to do, have sold my car privately and they expect it in a couple of weeks

very unhappy arshavin

Update..well I am told that the 'shortage of leather' story is true, and my iQ which was meant to be delivered at first on 29th March, then 27th then 18th March will now be delivered on May (yes May) 5th......

very unhappy

not sure what to do, have sold my car privately and they expect it in a couple of weeks

very unhappy arshavin

latest update

I have been told I could cancel my order if I want to, problem is I don't but I also don't want to wait until May, and I don't feel I should take the car without the options I ordered......

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

arshavin

Tough decision...

Why is it that you want the leather so much to begin with? Gotta weigh up the pros and cons, is the leather REALLY that important to you? But then you got to think, if you dont have the leather, are you gonna regret it.

Only you can make the decision, but I would say forget about the leather. Its uncomfortable in summer, needs more care and you will save a cow by not having it lol

Hi Sally

When I first saw the iQ without the leather I was not sure about the interior cloth, I have seen the leather and it really does look good so I feel I will probably regret it if I just take the cloth interior

arshavin

latest update

I have been told I could cancel my order if I want to, problem is I don't but I also don't want to wait until May, and I don't feel I should take the car without the options I ordered......

Fiat 500 :thumbsup:

latest update

Fiat 500 :thumbsup:

I don't think so, although I did look at it and test drive it, I always check servicing prices before I buy a new car and I couldn't believe the costs for the fiat 500 service , I was quoted £300 for a minor service and over £500 for a major service or £1200 for a 3 year service plan..what a joke for a 1 liter engine, and then I also remembered the numerous occasions that I spent going back to a Fiat dealer with my wife to collect her Fiat Punto that had been towed there a couple of days before by the AA.

Fiat ..I don't think so..ever again

arshavin

Leather seats can be a bit "slidey" and not too good if cornering energetically.

I sat in the leather seated iQ in our local showroom and nearly slid off the seat, as I was used to the cloth type "stickiness" on ones bottom (so to speak!)

Step away from the Fiat.....

Bad news about the leather seats - I thought they looked very nice when I saw them in the flesh a couple of weekends ago.

If the lack of leather is going to be a deal breaker why not ask the dealer if they have a car you could use for the next couple of months since you have entered into a contract to sell your car and they have now changed the delivery date of your car. That way you will still be able to sell your car now, have your leather seats and have a toyota to run around in for the next couple of months?

What's with all the Fiat bashing?!? We have had a 500 in the family for almost a year now and apart from one or two little niggles (which have been rectified quickly) its a cracking little car!

So when the iQ arrives on Sunday we will have two cracking little cars :D

What's with all the Fiat bashing?!? We have had a 500 in the family for almost a year now and apart from one or two little niggles (which have been rectified quickly) its a cracking little car!

So when the iQ arrives on Sunday we will have two cracking little cars :D

Just joking about Fiats, myself, although I had two bad experiences with Fiats about 30 years ago and 12 years ago.I am sure they have got their act together since then!

You are a lucky family to have two great little cars!

What's with all the Fiat bashing

When you start off with a bad name it is hard to get back it back. Fit It Again Tommorow were the laughing stock of the motor trade UNTIL they brought out the 500 which everybody seems to like, the downside as you have found out is "Cost of ownership" and £500 for a service is just like quite a few other companies out there that offer reasonably priced cars, but dire aftersales costs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links