Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 6th Generation Headlight Bulbs

moa55am

Hi

I am hoping someone can help.

I have owned my car for 6 years now, and I just recently bought xenon headlight bulbs for it.

The problem is I cannot seem to remove the old bulbs.

I depressed the connector with the wiring on it.

But when I turn the bulb anti-clockwise it turns, but does not come out....

The manual doesnt help either.....

Your help would be most welcome.... :)

Hi

I am hoping someone can help.

I have owned my car for 6 years now, and I just recently bought xenon headlight bulbs for it.

The problem is I cannot seem to remove the old bulbs.

I depressed the connector with the wiring on it.

But when I turn the bulb anti-clockwise it turns, but does not come out....

The manual doesnt help either.....

Your help would be most welcome.... :)

You pull the wire connector off completely. Look for a curled metal spring loop pressing against the bulb. That holds the bulb in. Unhook it and the bulb will come out.

the bulbs have 3 slots on them , all 3 have to line up before the bulb comes out.

sorry this isn't about HID bulbs but headlights, specificity Continental headlights. I'm post in Germany and only got 6 months left driving out here (having a holiday in warmer climates lol!). Trying to find out if there is any other way to pass Continental tests other than forking out £300 or any sites for cheaper ones. Thought about those headlight blinds but you get failed straight away. cheers

the bulbs have 3 slots on them , all 3 have to line up before the bulb comes out.

I have tried lining them up, but i can only see two of them line up, cant see the 3rd one.

I have tried on both driver and passenger side, but no joy.

There are no clips on this light, manual says just turn and pull out, which is what I was doing.

There is a rubber seal around it with screws, I really dont want to unscrew this...but may have to.

I have tried lining them up, but i can only see two of them line up, cant see the 3rd one.

I have tried on both driver and passenger side, but no joy.

There are no clips on this light, manual says just turn and pull out, which is what I was doing.

There is a rubber seal around it with screws, I really dont want to unscrew this...but may have to.

look at the new bulbs , and work it out from there. ;)

What is going on, its a bulb at the end of the day, which I cannot remove... :unsure:

To be more precise its a hb4 halogen bulb, no spring holding it, it turns anti clockwise, (in previous post mentioned clockwise which is incorrect)

It has 3 slots which I think 2 have aligned up so guessing third is aligned as well, but it just want pull it out.....

Is there anyone that has changed this type of connection......

I do not want to pull to hard, so that I break something....

Anyone ?

i changed all 4 in my celica without any issues , im guessing you just not lining all 3 slots up.

i changed all 4 in my celica without any issues , im guessing you just not lining all 3 slots up.

Do you remember, how far you turned it, I can only turn it 90 degrees..so the end of the bulb connection is pointing left for example the driver side ?

ok i just looked at the old bulbs , you have 2 shoulders at the bottom and a smaller 1 at the top. bulb also has a rubber sealing ring . its a simple case of lining up the shoulders to slots and pull. other than this i cant advise futher.

ok i just looked at the old bulbs , you have 2 shoulders at the bottom and a smaller 1 at the top. bulb also has a rubber sealing ring . its a simple case of lining up the shoulders to slots and pull. other than this i cant advise futher.

Thank you for the advice.

I am so gonna get this bulb out now :)

• 1 month later...

Hi There, I have just replaced my bulbs with Xenons, I have since found out that there are 3 types of fitment.

When you take out your old bulb on the connector (attached to the bulb) It will have either a 1,2 or 3 black plastic small guide tabs.

I only found this out when I needed to send 2 back cause the fitments where different. Mine needed all 1 prong as I was supplied with 2 prong.

Apparently the prongs indicate the power of the Light. A 1 prong is 65W and a 2 prong is a 55W.

Hope this helps you out.

Big E

Thank you for the advice.

I am so gonna get this bulb out now :)

Sorry, while we on the subject.

Can anyone recommend some good Xenons bulbs that actually give that distinctive blue white light look

Brought some before stating this but couldn't see any difference at all :(

Sorry, while we on the subject.

Can anyone recommend some good Xenons bulbs that actually give that distinctive blue white light look

Brought some before stating this but couldn't see any difference at all :(

Hi There, I got mine off fleebay.. from a company called aceparts. All 8 bulbs cost a total of £16.48p delivered.

The company is based on one of the channel islands but the bulbs have done the trick and only took 2 days to arrive.

eBay description (TOYOTA CELICA 95-99 xenon HEADLIGHT bulbs SUPER BLUE).

Customer Service: 0208 0905 333

Visit our Shop | View our Feedback

TOYOTA CELICA 95-99 xenon HEADLIGHT BULBS SUPER BLUE

ICE BLUE (6500K) headlight kit includes:

2 X ICE BLUE (6500K) H3 55 Watt Fog light bulbs

2 X ICE BLUE (6500K) HB3 65 Watt Main (high) beam bulbs

2 X ICE BLUE (6500K) HB3 65 Watt Dipped (driving) beam bulbs

and a pair of SuperWhite sidelights

The ICE BLUE xenon headlight bulbs gives a superb white light with a very distinctive blue tint to give your car that modern HID look without any of the cost!

The double blue filter reduces the yellow light emitted from the headlights whilst the XENON gas allows the bulb to burn considerably brighter to produce up to 50% more usable light on the road than a normal halogen gas filled bulb yet consume the same power!

All of our bulbs are made from Quartz glass for plastic lens compatibility.

E APPROVED FOR ROAD USE

6 months guarantee on ALL bulbs!

I hope this helps in your quest for a brighter future....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links