Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With A Supra

Stephen61

Hi I'm just looking around for a Supra to possibly buy but i could use a little help!

I want a 3 litre Twin Turbo 6-speed manual, now the hard part, i would also like a targa aerotop. I would prefer R/Hand drive but I heard somewhere that there was never one made to this spec. The car must be a 1994 or newer and i'm not bothered about colour although it must be totally unmodified throughout.

If anyone could tell me if this spec is available in the UK or direct me to a site where you can buy imports it would be appriciated. As i say i'm not going to be seriously thinking to buy for a few months but I need to phone my insurance company and get some quotes first. Do imports vary much in performance to the UK counterparts or is there little difference?

Also if anyone has the performance techs on the model i'm looking at it would also be appriciated.

Thanks Stephen

The aero TT was only ever made with a auto box, right and left hand drive but only auto.

Have a look on the owners club www.mkivsupra.net/bbs

Yeah you can either have the six speed hard top or an auto aerotop.

The only other way you could do it is as some have done, get an aero and change the box.

Performance is 99% identical i am sure but the UK cars do have higher spec and an extra 50bhp, they have heavier turbo's though which make them hardly any diffrent to the jap cars performance wise.

Thanks think i'm gonna go with the hard top cause it rains most of the time here anyway! I hear insurance is cheaper too on the UK spec and thats good cause i'm only gonna be 21 when i get it!

Big increase goin from a little 1 litre corsa to a 3 litre beast! ha ha ha

Iv'e heard to insure one at my age with 3 years no-claims bonus u will be lookin about £2500 fully comp which isn't much for a car at group 19 though so i'm not gonna be complainin anyway when i've finally found one i like!

What a rip off, im 21 with 2yrs ncb and my ins company only want £1200!

Which company was that with leeky, fully comp aswell? been thinkin how much u reccon it would cost to get an auto an have it converted to manual so its got the aerotop? u reccon the insurance would bump up much?

You'd definately get a insure hike, you'd also have to find a manual box, manual ECU, I think a different diff, pedal assembly and all the gubbins.

Not an easy task on its own.

Try driving one of the auto's. It is the best auto box on the planet. The first three gears can be selected manually anyway and held in that gear with the manual button depressed, third gear is good for over a ton so I cant see you needing a racing change to fourth really. The change up and down is prompt and it makes for a far easier daily drive. The aero-top turbo's were also only made in gz format which means that the car is the top of the range. Leather interior and decent stereo etc.

The UK cars have better brakes and all come in GZ level spec, and are in some insurance circles cheaper. Try tesco's for insurance as I think that quote sounds a bit high. We only pay £450 on our N/A which aint much different to TT insurance so even with a 90% discount it wouldn't be hitting £2.5k

Personally I have an aero and am looking to change my N/A for a TT aero. The roof fits in the boot, isn't too hard or arduos to take off put back on and my car despite not being modded at all gets a lot of attention with the roof off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links